Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WORKERS OF THE WORLD
WORKERS OF THE WORLD
Here's why you're getting fucked over.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2014052...46c57.html

Quote: WASHINGTON (AP) — Pay for globe-trotting CEOs has soared to new heights, even as most workers remain grounded by paychecks that are barely budging.

While pay for the typical CEO of a company in the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index surged 9 percent last year to $10.46 million, it rose a scant 1.3 percent for U.S. workers as a whole. That CEO now earns 257 times the national average, up from a multiple of 181 in 2009, according to an analysis by The Associated Press and Equilar.

Those figures help reveal a widening gap between the ultra-wealthy and ordinary workers around the world. That gap has fed concerns about economic security — everywhere from large cities where rents are high to small towns where jobs are scarce.
RE: WORKERS OF THE WORLD
You keep talking this "workers are human beings who should have rights in the workplace" like yer a damn un-American pinko commie or something. If they wanted more money, they'd go be CEOs, too. It's that easy.
Sadly, that's exactly what the shitheads think.
Oh, I know. Expect a handful to come in here and prove it.
(May 27, 2014 at 3:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Here's why you're getting fucked over.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2014052...46c57.html

Quote: WASHINGTON (AP) — Pay for globe-trotting CEOs has soared to new heights, even as most workers remain grounded by paychecks that are barely budging.

While pay for the typical CEO of a company in the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index surged 9 percent last year to $10.46 million, it rose a scant 1.3 percent for U.S. workers as a whole. That CEO now earns 257 times the national average, up from a multiple of 181 in 2009, according to an analysis by The Associated Press and Equilar.

Those figures help reveal a widening gap between the ultra-wealthy and ordinary workers around the world. That gap has fed concerns about economic security — everywhere from large cities where rents are high to small towns where jobs are scarce.

Workers are getting fucked because of automation and not because of CEO pay. There is a less of a need for workers because machines can do it better and cheaper. Less need translates into being in a weaker position to negotiate a higher wage.

If you took CEO pay and divided it up among the workers, it would make hardly a difference in the lives of the workers. Blaming CEOs wages are just a tactic to promote hate and class warfare.

The solution is a universal basic income or negative income tax.
You really are dumb as a fucking bag of cunt hair, Woodie.
Dyslexic workers of the world....UNTIE!!!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 27, 2014 at 4:16 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You really are dumb as a fucking bag of cunt hair, Woodie.

Why do you have to resort to calling him names? Is this how civilized people supposed to act when an opposing view comes by?
Why not answer the man in a proper manner?
I know you don't have to explain yourself to me, before you point it out, but hey, you do not strengthen your position by doing this.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(May 27, 2014 at 4:16 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You really are dumb as a fucking bag of cunt hair, Woodie.

I reckon I a bit smarter than a bag of cunt hair....I'm smarter than a democrat.

(May 27, 2014 at 4:40 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:

Why do you have to resort to calling him names? Is this how civilized people supposed to act when an opposing view comes by?
Why not answer the man in a proper manner?
I know you don't have to explain yourself to me, before you point it out, but hey, you do not strengthen your position by doing this.

Minimalist isn't interested in civil debate. He wants everyone to hate the same people he hates.
Well, I'm not going to take sides here, but I personally think that swearing actually lowers the quality of every environment.
He may hate people, or he may wish others to do the same, but there are polite ways to express yourself. A polite argument, even if its wrong, is more likely to be accepted than a right argument, presented in vulgar fashion.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Billions for Billionaires and Zero for Workers Minimalist 19 854 September 6, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Government workers that promote AA Bahana 16 2295 April 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  AP says 90% of Workers get Tax Cut Neo-Scholastic 64 5316 February 4, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Another Look At How The Corporate Scum Fuck Over Workers Minimalist 13 2756 June 10, 2015 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Workers Fired For Protesting Illegal Pay Scale Minimalist 13 4369 December 11, 2013 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Workers Defend Their Rights in Wisconsin & Ohio (Video :P) TheDarkestOfAngels 1 1205 March 1, 2011 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus