Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hint not taken; son of dead rattlesnake preacher bitten.
Hint not taken; son of dead rattlesnake preacher bitten.
http://www.kentucky.com/2014/05/27/32616...322/&ihp=1

This one didn't die, though.

I can only guess that if you're the sort of person who believes in this stupidity, you're the sort of person who is going to believe that this isn't a sign from your god that you're not doing it right.
RE: Hint not taken; son of dead rattlesnake preacher bitten.
As annoying as the snake handling thing is, if some mullahs announced a fatwa commanding it for all believers of allah, I wouldn't be too upset.

Tongue
Oh, I would only ever encourage people like this. They're doing the rest of the gene pool a huge favor.
Darwin Award winner waiting to happen.
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 27, 2014 at 7:15 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: Oh, I would only ever encourage people like this. They're doing the rest of the gene pool a huge favor.

I dunno - seems like most of the fatalities manage to breed first.
They're doing it all wrong! They first have to cast out demons, then speak in new tongues before taking up the serpents. Then they can go on to drink poison and lay hands on the sick and heal them. Don't they ever read the Bible? They have to do it all in the specified order!
(May 27, 2014 at 8:26 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: They're doing it all wrong! They first have to cast out demons, then speak in new tongues before taking up the serpents. Then they can go on to drink poison and lay hands on the sick and heal them. Don't they ever read the Bible? They have to do it all in the specified order!

ROFLOL
(May 27, 2014 at 7:32 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(May 27, 2014 at 7:15 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: Oh, I would only ever encourage people like this. They're doing the rest of the gene pool a huge favor.

I dunno - seems like most of the fatalities manage to breed first.

Yeah, but it does prevent future accidents.
Breeding resistance to snake venom (like mongooses have) into the human race might be a net positive ??

Presumably if enough of them try it, a successful mutation might arise. And it would be curiously humorous if some anti-Darwinian fundamentalists demonstrated evolution this way.
These guys kill me. D A R W I N awards for the whole family.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 3950 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? vorlon13 258 60159 October 13, 2017 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Jesus did not rise from the dead -- My debate opening statement. Jehanne 155 23687 January 21, 2017 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  A Simple Way to Shut Up a Street Preacher Jonah 44 28582 August 12, 2016 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The Prodigal Son Ignorant 86 12538 June 12, 2016 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Alex K
Video Christian faimily disowns gay teen son on youtube Fake Messiah 10 3009 April 29, 2016 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Mt. Soledad cross ordered to be taken down c172 350 92883 March 26, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Parents Charged in Beating Death of Son at Church JesusHChrist 56 9328 October 22, 2015 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher drfuzzy 150 29212 August 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Did "james son of zebedee" ever meet Paul the Apostle? Coreni 6 4401 June 25, 2015 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Metis