Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ten commandments!
Ten commandments!

Thought I would share this G-E-M
RE: Ten commandments!
Who gave Moses the Commandments?
Didn't watch the video but didn't the commandments come from the Egyptian Book of the dead? Chapter 125 if I remember correctly. Christianity jacked them from Egypt.
8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
(May 28, 2014 at 5:04 am)BlackMason Wrote: Didn't watch the video but didn't the commandments come from the Egyptian Book of the dead? Chapter 125 if I remember correctly. Christianity jacked them from Egypt.

Christianity did not exist when Moses received the Ten Commandments, you should at the least learn the basics of Christianity.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
When asked which to keep, Christ only listed 5 of them (ignoring the spurious 'defraud not') so why aren't the christers all hot and bothered to post the 5 commandments in public places instead of the 10 ??

I find it confusing . . . .

Undecided
(May 28, 2014 at 9:31 am)Godschild Wrote: Christianity did not exist when Moses received the Ten Commandments, you should at the least learn the basics of Christianity.

GC

You're right. I meant Judaism which led to Christianity. Thanks for your correction.
8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
The darkmatter2525 video on the big 10 is also hilarious. Hang on...I'll try to find it.
-
-
-
-
Ah, here it is:

[youtube]QjhFlI6-ZBI&feature=kp[/youtube]
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
(May 28, 2014 at 5:04 am)BlackMason Wrote: Didn't watch the video but didn't the commandments come from the Egyptian Book of the dead? Chapter 125 if I remember correctly. Christianity jacked them from Egypt.

No idea but thank you for the information I will definitely look it up

(May 28, 2014 at 9:31 am)Godschild Wrote:

Christianity did not exist when Moses received the Ten Commandments, you should at the least learn the basics of Christianity.

GC

I use to preach at a church up in Pinon Hills, Ca

It may blow your mind but I've read most the of the bible cover to cover, as my family was extremely rooted in the book, so sadly my understanding of the book probably surpasses you.

My distaste of Christianity comes not from lack of knowledge but because I have much knowledge.

This video was funny, so I shared it.

How can you honestly take a bronze age myth and put so much seriousness into it?
Ten commandments!
(May 28, 2014 at 10:56 am)BlackSwordsman Wrote:

No idea but thank you for the information I will definitely look it up

(May 28, 2014 at 9:31 am)Godschild Wrote: Christianity did not exist when Moses received the Ten Commandments, you should at the least learn the basics of Christianity.

GC

I use to preach at a church up in Pinon Hills, Ca

It may blow your mind but I've read most the of the bible cover to cover, as my family was extremely rooted in the book, so sadly my understanding of the book probably surpasses you.

My distaste of Christianity comes not from lack of knowledge but because I have much knowledge.

This video was funny, so I shared it.

How can you honestly take a bronze age myth and put so much seriousness into it?

The commandments came from the 42 Negative Confessions of the Egyptians.

Listed here: http://maatlaws.blogspot.com/2010/06/42-...t.html?m=1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did God give commandments to Jews? Fake Messiah 12 871 August 11, 2022 at 10:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mary's Ten Year Pregnancy YahwehIsTheWay 131 14942 December 27, 2018 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Baphomet more American than 10 Commandments Foxaèr 13 1445 August 22, 2018 at 9:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A new set of commandments... lifesagift 20 3163 November 20, 2014 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Theists: Precedence of Commandments MindForgedManacle 7 3214 September 15, 2013 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: InevitableCheese
  Utah one of the ten worst for sex offenders RichardP 10 6161 April 10, 2013 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Violet
  The New Commandments? Mr Camel 3 1683 July 24, 2010 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: chasm