Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NRA Wants to keep the Elephant Ivory trade.
NRA Wants to keep the Elephant Ivory trade.
Fucking NRA Bastards say this on their website.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/fact-s...?s=&st=&ps=

Quote:the effects of the ivory ban would be disastrous for American gun owners and sportsmen.

Ivory has been used in gun making for centuries, just as it has been used in fine furniture, jewelry, or musical instruments. Ivory is widely used in rifle and shotgun sights and sight inserts, and for ornamental inlays in rifle and shotgun stocks. Custom handguns—such as General George S. Patton’s famous revolvers—are also often fitted with ivory grips.[1] Ivory is also widely used in related accessories used by hunters and fishermen, such as knife handles, and handles for gun cleaning equipment and tools.

What crap..
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: NRA Wants to keep the Elephant Ivory trade.
I heard tell that the NRA is a tool of gun manufacturers and not supported significantly by membership dues to ensure no conflict of interest.

Anyone know if that is true?
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(May 28, 2014 at 9:49 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: I heard tell that the NRA is a tool of gun manufacturers and not supported significantly by membership dues to ensure no conflict of interest.

Anyone know if that is true?

No, It is not true.. I've debunked this before.
(August 26, 2013 at 6:38 am)Brakeman Wrote:
Quote:Dues still represent the lion's share of the NRA's income. In its 2010 tax return, the NRA reported total revenue of $227.8 million, with $100.5 million coming from membership dues and $71.1 million from a catchall category, "Contributions, Gifts, Grants and Other Similar Amounts."

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/local/ar...154606.php

http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990_pdf_...2_990O.pdf
(May 28, 2014 at 9:45 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Fucking NRA Bastards say this on their website.

Quote:the effects of the ivory ban would be disastrous for American gun owners and sportsmen.

Ivory has been used in gun making for centuries, just as it has been used in fine furniture, jewelry, or musical instruments. Ivory is widely used in rifle and shotgun sights and sight inserts, and for ornamental inlays in rifle and shotgun stocks. Custom handguns—such as General George S. Patton’s famous revolvers—are also often fitted with ivory grips.[1] Ivory is also widely used in related accessories used by hunters and fishermen, such as knife handles, and handles for gun cleaning equipment and tools.

What crap..

Certain Ivory pieces are currently okay to trade under grandfather provisions. The proposed ban would effectively stop the trade of grandfathered pieces. For instance, you could not sell George S Patton's pistols because they contain ivory grips.

The NRA supports the ban on the sale and importation of new ivory pieces.
Quote:Fucking NRA Bastards say this on their website.

Now I'm confused. I thought you loved those motherfuckers?
(May 28, 2014 at 9:45 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Fucking NRA Bastards say this on their website.

What crap..

Well, ivory has been used by elephants and their ancestors for millions of years. I think that trumps the NRA idiots "centuries"
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 28, 2014 at 10:35 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Fucking NRA Bastards say this on their website.

Now I'm confused. I thought you loved those motherfuckers?

Err No. Definitely not. I don't disagree with everything they say, but I disagree with them a lot. They've never gotten a dime from me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  They keep saying the quiet parts out loud LadyForCamus 4 581 May 26, 2022 at 12:04 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Atheists: Where are you? And who wants to know? Sanau 21 1248 March 29, 2020 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1489 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Trade route from the Varangians to the Greeks Interaktive 11 765 January 23, 2020 at 7:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The ivory tower WinterHold 15 658 July 4, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: no one
  How to keep Republicans away from the polls Foxaèr 3 538 October 26, 2018 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Conservative Asskisser Wants Obama Back Minimalist 8 1951 July 20, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  Keep It Going Ladies Minimalist 6 1160 May 16, 2018 at 11:37 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why keep a vice president around, who was appointed by someone worthy of impeachment? Chad32 26 3563 December 9, 2017 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Looks like the NRA is at it again NuclearEnergy 46 7788 August 7, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Brian37