Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yo we got it WRONG! Jesus was a Buddhist Monk!
Yo we got it WRONG! Jesus was a Buddhist Monk!
Quote:The incident occurred when Jesus was 12. Mary (His mother) and Joseph took Him to Jerusalem for Passover, one of the annual Jewish feasts. Mary and Joseph were devout people, and apparently made the long trip from Nazareth every year. No doubt they had spent many hours with Jesus at home, teaching Him from God’s Word and sharing with Him the uniqueness of His birth.

On this occasion, they became separated from Jesus. When they found him several days later, He was in the Temple listening to the teachers and asking them questions about God’s Word. He told them, “Why were you searching for me? Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?” (Luke 2:49). The Bible then adds, “Then he went down to Nazareth. … And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men” (Luke 2:51-52).

BUT!

BUT!

Now they say that when Jesus was in his teens he became a Buddhist Monk

So the Son of God, teaches his fathers work, then renounces all claims to there being a god, becomes a Buddhist monk (Atheistic religion), where there is no belief in sin, or heaven or hell, and then turns away from that?

Make any sense to you?

People are taking this seriously! Confused Fall

Can't have your cake and eat it too!

Either he was the son of god (Christianity)

Or he was a Buddhist monk who didn't believe there was a god, didn't pray, didn't teach about absence of self and nothing existing, teaching karma, I don't know just seems off to me.
(by the way: Buddhists do not believe in a soul)

Quote:Mankind has no soul or permanence. In Buddhist thought, an individual consists of five skandhas or aggregates. These aggregates are disassembled at death and there is no longer a cohesive unit that can be identified as an individual person.

Quote:There is no savior. There is no grace or forgiveness. The Buddha said he could not help anyone; he could only point the way. One must overcome karma by one’s own merit and works.

Quote:In Buddhist thought, there is no supreme being, no Creator, no omnipotent omnipresent God, no loving Lord over his creation. Ultimate reality is an impersonal void or emptiness (Sunyata). Only the void is permanent.
To a Buddhist, saying that God exists is like saying that the void exists.

Most of what Buddha taught goes against what Jesus supposeldy stood for.
RE: Yo we got it WRONG! Jesus was a Buddhist Monk!
Quote:Either he was the son of god (Christianity)

Or he was a Buddhist monk

Or, he was a fictional character whose creator can make him do or say anything he/she likes.
(May 30, 2014 at 1:44 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Either he was the son of god (Christianity)

Or he was a Buddhist monk

Or, he was a fictional character whose creator can make him do or say anything he/she likes.

Obviously he is fictional, but still can't they atleast keep the fairy tale accurate to the fake book.
Apparently not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1409 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Thumbs Down 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God Fake Messiah 7 1122 April 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Dead people testify! We were wrong! ignoramus 12 1710 June 11, 2018 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  I Got This Email And Figured It Was From Some Religitard Minimalist 6 1751 May 9, 2018 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  On the wrong tract............ Brian37 28 4859 December 16, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  "How God got started", how god belief + basic reason + writing -> modern humans? Whateverist 26 6724 October 15, 2017 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This really got to me Astonished 54 11020 January 29, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  I was wrong about the simple choice. Mystic 42 4944 January 3, 2017 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  If Life is Meaningless Anyway, then What's Wrong with Religion? InquiringMind 348 44127 October 2, 2016 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Information You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you WinterHold 23 3380 August 7, 2016 at 7:52 am
Last Post: chimp3