Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jay-Z hosts a "blacks only" party and everyone is going ape shit.
Jay-Z hosts a "blacks only" party and everyone is going ape shit.
Jay-Z, I hate him. I may even hate him more than Kanye West. I think his music is over rated and infantile. But I have to defend him on this, even if it is racist of him.

The man hosted a private party. He has the right to include or exclude anyone he wanted. So, everyone's getting all up in arms about racism at a private party while it's ok for a Texas restaurant to refuse LGBT people because they "hate fags". That's ok though. It's their "religious freedom" to hate people publicly but if a black man hosts a private party for blacks only that's just not tolerable.

http://madworldnews.com/black-nba-owner-...s-allowed/
RE: Jay-Z hosts a "blacks only" party and everyone is going ape shit.
I agree with you No-God, it's a private party so he can invite who he wants. I wouldn't want to go anyway he probably wouldn't let me dance with his missus... about the other thing, how would the Texas restaurant know what sexuality somebody was anyway? Do they ask them at the door? Weird....
It's not immoral to eat meat, abort a fetus or love someone of the same sex...I think that about covers it
(May 30, 2014 at 11:19 am)vodkafan Wrote: I agree with you No-God, it's a private party so he can invite who he wants. I wouldn't want to go anyway he probably wouldn't let me dance with his missus... about the other thing, how would the Texas restaurant know what sexuality somebody was anyway? Do they ask them at the door? Weird....

Ditto. There's an important difference between private and public facilities.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
look at the bright side, white people could still go if they get a tan.......a really good tan Big Grin
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(May 30, 2014 at 11:23 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: look at the bright side, white people could still go if they get a tan.......a really good tan Big Grin

I'm picturing Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood quest when the sanctuary burns down and Astrid ends up extra crispy.
It's ok NG I'm black and wouldnt let me in either. His crowd don't like "uppity Oreo cookies".
I've never had a good opinion of Jay-Z, so I'm not surprised at all.

Just call them out and move on. No sense in being angry about that fool.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I'm in the minority. I love Jay-Z's music, but think this was dumb. I support his right to host a party and invite who he wants, but I also think he's a moron for hosting a "blacks only" party. Did he actually make it clear that it was a "blacks only" party, or did he just invite a bunch of black people to a party, and somebody called it a blacks only party?

Edit to add: This was back in 2010 (which I think matters because this would never have been brought up except it is being used as a 'response' to the Sterling thing), and this was not advertised as a "blacks only" party. Some white people were turned away by the bouncers, which is certainly not cool, and certainly could have come from Jay-Z, but it could have come from somewhere else. The article heavily links to Debbie Schlussel, an anti-Islamic, hyper-conservative blogger who is somehow defending? Sterling, or at the very least condemning the NBA for not condemning Jay-Z's history as a drug dealer from Bed-Stuy.

While I think Jay-Z's actions are not always defensible, and I don't think you fight fire with fire---as a person who has experienced racism in the south, and a person who has experienced atheist hatred and bigotry, I understand having a party where you shield yourself from that. I think there is a difference between saying "this party is for black people," and "don't bring black people to my public arena." In the same light that I wouldn't object to a church saying "no atheists allowed," or someone having a party for atheists only, this, to me, stinks of digging, reaching, and hyperbolising a story.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
My impression is the bouncers were instructed not to let any whites in.

Here's the question: do we give this private party by a team owner a pass, and not give a private conversation by another team owner a pass?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I'm all for him having his right to host a 'blacks only' party, but people shouldn't be sitting around saying it's perfectly acceptable. It's fucking stupid and it should be called out for what it is.

Also I fully agree with the article, there's a definite double standard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time for some Halloween shit. brewer 142 5070 November 4, 2023 at 4:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Funeral or reveal party? c172 57 7358 August 14, 2023 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Going to buy a gun onlinebiker 46 2444 October 17, 2021 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Spooky
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1103 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 613 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Am I the only one who hasn't reset their clocks for Daylight Savings yet? Angrboda 5 283 November 24, 2020 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Not going to swear to it as of yet. but. Brian37 33 2323 June 19, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My shit ass job just called me back up CarveTheFive 25 1967 May 9, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  What we really lost in all this shit... Gawdzilla Sama 7 1139 April 20, 2020 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Ultimate Dinner Party onlinebiker 10 929 October 23, 2019 at 11:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker