Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DNA
DNA
christianity, islam, and other stupid religions, all like to make DNA "the proof of god". if there isn't a god, why is our make-up so damn complicated? sorry, i'm sick in the head. I'm trying to make sense. This mental hospital is depressing. anywho.. DNA seems to be all the proof evolutionists(CREATIONIST TERM ONLY) need. And it seems like all creatards(universal term) need. How do you feel about creationists and how they misrepresent the amazingness of DNA? I know one christian that keeps going on and on about how DNA takes 10 thousand years to break down and how fossils are found with DNA. I hear all kinds of crazy crap.. i'm not sure this thread makes perfect sense.

okay.. so, DNA.. the evolution of an intelligent species. Or.. the HAND OF GAWD? why?
I hate the bible. I love that do as thy whilst stuff.
RE: DNA
http://www.thehumangenome.co.uk/THE_HUMA...rimer.html

Quote:75% of our genetic make-up is the same as a pumpkin - 57% the same as a cabbage.

The problem for jesus freaks is they get shorted on the other 43% and remain cabbages.
Well, count yourself somewhat lucky, because none of the mental hospitals I stayed in had internet access.

The idea that things are so complex that a god must be necessary is simply an appeal to emotion. The problem is that we have tiny brains that evolved to survive, not understand the fundamentals of the cosmos, but our egos are way too massive. We somehow think that complexity beyond our understanding must require a supernatural explanation, all while we are perfectly content to accept that simple, every day occurrences, such as a ball rolling down a hill due to gravity, are completely natural phenomenon.

It's because complexity creates a feeling of awe inside of us, and people that use this argument want you to be trapped by that type of emotional thinking and simply accept that anything beyond your comprehension must be done by some supernatural force, when, in fact, they are saying, "We are so damn smart and important that anything we can't understand must be magic."

Once you learn to shed your ego, god is suddenly unnecessary.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 30, 2014 at 9:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The problem for jesus freaks is they get shorted on the other 43% and remain cabbages.

And Brussels sprouts at that.
(May 30, 2014 at 9:47 pm)Cato Wrote:
(May 30, 2014 at 9:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The problem for jesus freaks is they get shorted on the other 43% and remain cabbages.

And Brussels sprouts at that.

Sigh - I wish people would stop insulting the cabbage family.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fear of hell is in our dna... ignoramus 15 2071 September 20, 2018 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Aleph Bet and DNA StrongWaters 158 39467 December 11, 2013 at 9:01 am
Last Post: daandaan