Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a goner
I'm a goner
I am a little more concerned than I normally would be about a paper cut I suffered today...OMG WHAT IF I HAVE HYPOCHONDRIA?!
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: I'm a goner
(May 31, 2014 at 4:47 pm)Tea Earl Grey Hot Wrote: I am a little more concerned than I normally would be about a paper cut I suffered today...OMG WHAT IF I HAVE HYPOCHONDRIA?!

Licking a razor might help. Your paper cut will seem trivial and your reaction will certainly be commensurate with the significance of the wound.
(May 31, 2014 at 4:50 pm)Cato Wrote: Licking a razor might help. Your paper cut will seem trivial and your reaction will certainly be commensurate with the significance of the wound.

The razor needs to be rusty.
Oh no, I searched paper cut on WebMD. I NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP FOR MY MENTAL CONDITION.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Sorry dude, you're gonna die(*). It was nice knowing you.

Easy, mate...you only THINK you have hypochondria. Which means, probably, that you really DO have hypochondria, but you only think that you really do probably have it.

Which means you do.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Just because you are a hypochondriac doesn't mean you aren't ill.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(May 31, 2014 at 4:47 pm)Tea Earl Grey Hot Wrote: I am a little more concerned than I normally would be about a paper cut I suffered today...OMG WHAT IF I HAVE HYPOCHONDRIA?!

If it becomes unbearable I wish you luck finding a doctor as kind as Kevorkian. (But suck it up man, your wit is needed around here.)
The issue isn't about worrying whether you are a hypochondriac or not.

The issue is whether you are hypochondriac enough!

Its a worry - I think its making me ill.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
Who is to say the edge of the paper was not contaminated with a drop of virulent rat pus in the paper factory ??

Even at this very second rat MRSA and rat flesh eating bacteria are exponentially growing in the wound, killing vital tissues, releasing dangerous toxins, and attracting dangerous decay and rot loving spoors from the fetid atmosphere around you !!!!

Fungus and carrion flies even now can start to smell death upon your incipient corpse, and are gathering in the dark recesses of your home . . .

Doomed! You are doomed, I say !!!!