Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owner of Atheist Forum
Owner of Atheist Forum
I have been curious for quite awhile as to what the color of the names mean and who actually runes this forum and if he/she/they were active in the forum?
[Image: 2jcyf5t.jpg]
RE: Owner of Atheist Forum
http://atheistforums.org/index.php
At the bottom of the front page, it states what the different colors represent.

I think Tiberius is the owner of the forum, but he does not hang around here so much anymore.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 1, 2014 at 8:50 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: http://atheistforums.org/index.php
At the bottom of the front page, it states what the different colors represent.

I think Tiberius is the owner of the forum, but he does not hang around here so much anymore.

Wow I feel blind for missing that first part, but I rarely look at the bottom of the index page anymore.

Thanks
[Image: 2jcyf5t.jpg]
  • Blue means member.

Purple means someone whose donated, aka a 'contributor' (they also have a little icon next to their name, like me, as sometimes contributors are also staff so their name defaults to the 'higher' colour)

Orange means ex/retired staff

Green means moderator (me) (staff)

Red means Admin (Tiberius, Darwinian etc) (staff)

This is more for the record for everyone else who is interested. I also like the pretty colours so wanted to make a list.

Also, Kitanetos is right that Tiberius is the owner. He still checks in every now and then but the administrators we have are more than capable of running things. Probably over-qualified! Smile

EDIT: Actually, a question of my own. The stars. I've always assumed they're down to post count but I see others with a higher post count than me but with less stars. I've never actually thought about it until now...
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(June 2, 2014 at 6:55 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: EDIT: Actually, a question of my own. The stars. I've always assumed they're down to post count but I see others with a higher post count than me but with less stars. I've never actually thought about it until now...

Maybe reputation or kudos per post, or just the quantities themselves? Time spent online?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
Hmm, could be. Comparing both yours and BSM and mine and Kit's (relatively similar in terms of post counts etc) there's not too much difference.

Ah, I've clocked it. The Admins get get 7 and the mods get 6, but I don't think members who aren't staff can go above 5.

Haven't seen an exception to that rule (Minimalist for example has the highest post and rep count and still only has 5, so I think it has to be that).
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

(June 2, 2014 at 7:15 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Ah, I've clocked it. The Admins get get 7 and the mods get 6, but I don't think members who aren't staff can go above 5.

More or less, I think you get 1 star per hundred posts or something like that reaching the maximum of 5 as a standard (blue) member. Then like you say staff have 1 or 2 more.
(June 2, 2014 at 7:50 am)Insanity Wrote:
(June 2, 2014 at 7:15 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Ah, I've clocked it. The Admins get get 7 and the mods get 6, but I don't think members who aren't staff can go above 5.

More or less, I think you get 1 star per hundred posts or something like that reaching the maximum of 5 as a standard (blue) member. Then like you say staff have 1 or 2 more.

That number is way off. I have 70 posts (71 if you count this one) and have 3 stars already.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
(June 2, 2014 at 6:55 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: This is more for the record for everyone else who is interested. I also like the pretty colours so wanted to make a list.
On that note, what does grey mean? I notice a few members sometimes have a black-ish/dark grey-ish name....
(June 2, 2014 at 8:42 am)LostLocke Wrote:
(June 2, 2014 at 6:55 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: This is more for the record for everyone else who is interested. I also like the pretty colours so wanted to make a list.
On that note, what does grey mean? I notice a few members sometimes have a black-ish/dark grey-ish name....

I could be wrong but I think it's members who haven't activated their accounts (i.e. not clicked on the email sent through to allow them to post).

If they're like this - mr. Troll - they're banned, too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist forum Discord Rhizomorph13 19 1086 December 10, 2019 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Atheist Forum Accent Tag: Round 3!! Clueless Morgan 98 8154 November 28, 2018 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Whats going on with Thinking Atheist forum? Brian37 23 4374 July 1, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Ideal Atheist Forum Couples Jenny A 212 35324 November 23, 2015 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Thumbs Up What is atheist forum about? Anomalocaris 14 3898 June 8, 2011 at 1:51 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Japan Tsunami Dog Reunited With Owner HeyItsZeus 5 2539 April 7, 2011 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus
  What is the Real Purpose of an Atheist Forum? starbucks 21 8469 February 12, 2010 at 10:39 am
Last Post: tavarish
  Last Chance for Atheist Forum T-Shirts Darwinian 25 8523 November 12, 2009 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Violet