Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'god' bless america: rant
'god' bless america: rant
So I've been waiting on a job, I was told I had the perfect qualifications for it (15 years IT, Medical Training etc.)

I just found out . . . I didn't get the job (a job working as a Medical Records Tech for an ankle surgeon)

It was a huge blow

Quote:unfortunately we are only looking for a female . . .
[Image: 2jcyf5t.jpg]
RE: 'god' bless america: rant
(June 3, 2014 at 2:34 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote: So I've been waiting on a job, I was told I had the perfect qualifications for it (15 years IT, Medical Training etc.)

I just found out . . . I didn't get the job (a job working as a Medical Records Tech for an ankle surgeon)

It was a huge blow

Quote:unfortunately we are only looking for a female . . .

Did they really say that? In writing?
(June 3, 2014 at 2:36 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(June 3, 2014 at 2:34 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote: So I've been waiting on a job, I was told I had the perfect qualifications for it (15 years IT, Medical Training etc.)

It was a huge blow

Did they really say that? In writing?

Yes in writing, I still have a copy of it. I just got it like an hour or so ago
(June 3, 2014 at 2:43 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote:
(June 3, 2014 at 2:36 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Did they really say that? In writing?

Yes in writing, I still have a copy of it. I just got it like an hour or so ago

I'd get in contact with an attorney who deals in EEOC cases. They just handed you what may be prima facie evidence of illegal gender discrimination.
Pretty amazing. Incredible that someone would violate Title VII so egregiously.

Just looked. Employer in the clear if he/she has less than fifteen employees or Blackswordsman is a registered member of the Communist Party. Still a shitty deal.
Note, in some (most, all??) tribal areas in the US, even overt racial discrimination is allowed. I had a relative fired when the tribe decided to eliminate all the Caucasians in their employ. No recourse. In his case it turned out well, but it was quite a jolt, he had worked for them over 10 years. And the termination was flat out attributed to race.
(June 3, 2014 at 2:45 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(June 3, 2014 at 2:43 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote: Yes in writing, I still have a copy of it. I just got it like an hour or so ago

I'd get in contact with an attorney who deals in EEOC cases. They just handed you what may be prima facie evidence of illegal gender discrimination.

Already have, I am awaiting a call back.
(June 3, 2014 at 2:48 pm)Cato Wrote: Just looked. Employer in the clear if he/she has less than fifteen employees or Blackswordsman is a registered member of the Communist Party. Still a shitty deal.

Think the duration of the operation factors in as well.

The EEOC won't bother with seasonal ventures for the most part.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(June 3, 2014 at 8:22 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote:
(June 3, 2014 at 2:48 pm)Cato Wrote: Just looked. Employer in the clear if he/she has less than fifteen employees or Blackswordsman is a registered member of the Communist Party. Still a shitty deal.

Think the duration of the operation factors in as well.

The EEOC won't bother with seasonal ventures for the most part.

This isn't seasonal.
This is precisely why affirmative action while maybe good in theory, or once was, isn't good in practice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An interesting read concerning atheism in america. brewer 11 666 January 3, 2022 at 12:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Andrew Zimmern, "What's Eating America".. Brian37 36 3649 February 17, 2020 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Self entitled meaningless rant. Brian37 4 745 October 22, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why should I be ashamed? A rant by a Mexican. J a c k 61 10361 March 20, 2018 at 6:26 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Coming to America Cyberman 49 4104 January 13, 2018 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Things You Don't Like About Other Countries ( America Gets Immunity) Amarok 61 9083 April 11, 2017 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can I rant for a second, about parents NuclearEnergy 12 2154 December 20, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: PETE_ROSE
  OP/ED RANT... "You live in your parent's basment" Brian37 59 9422 May 1, 2016 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Is America the greatest country Kingpin 267 39561 December 14, 2015 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Rant about weight, fat acceptance, obesity and health Dystopia 49 9219 October 30, 2015 at 11:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger