Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunny day in the garden
Sunny day in the garden
File under "things I'd rather do than argue about religion: make a garden".

[Image: 14375541604_5d0aa0e73f_c.jpg]

[Image: 14396633233_c331b5e1c3_c.jpg]

[Image: 14375508314_a73a532163_c.jpg]

[Image: 14375005432_e7b00df0d6_c.jpg]

[Image: 14189861939_d734e7ecea_c.jpg]

This is a new area. All but the rose has been planted since this past fall.
RE: Sunny day in the garden
Looks like it has been there forever whateverist. Great job!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hope they are drought resistant.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Beautiful!

Oh whateverist they are beautiful!
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Absolutely gorgeous, whateverist. You are an artist. And so is nature.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Everything is fairly-to-very drought tolerant. Of course when starting plants, all of them have to be coddled until established. The trick with the low growing red flowers, a California native named Monardella macrantha, is drainage. That's why it is on the outer edge of that new raised bed. Whatever doesn't make it will be replaced by something even less thirsty.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Out of the garden. onlinebiker 1 322 August 16, 2019 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Deppea splendens in bloom now for the first time in my garden. Whateverist 5 1075 October 26, 2014 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Who needs a spring garden infusion? Whateverist 1 1043 April 5, 2013 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: Darwinian
  What's growing in your garden? Whateverist 63 16356 August 4, 2012 at 1:21 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko