Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi how are you?
Bug 
Hi how are you?
Hi, I'm sixchins. I thought I should introduce myself. When I was younger I went to catholic school and church and all that. I never really thought about it and just accepted it really. For some reason, the indoctrination just never worked on me. I always seemed to realise it was a load of myths and weird stories.

I got interested in religion again a few years ago as my friend's dad was a church minister and so was my sister's husband's dad. I remember going to their church one time and there were people speaking in tongues and stuff and they gave me a tambourine to play and we all sung Kumbya. It was a pretty psychedelic experience. There is something fascinating to me how people can believe all this irrational nonsense.

For a while I got really into watching religious debates on youtube and watching the Atheist Experience and all that. I also love reading books by Dawkins and Sagan, and Sam Harris and stuff. I love science, rationalism, philosophy it all gives me such a boner. I want to keep on learning more as I feel it just makes me a more intelligent and critical thinking person.

Other stuff about me. I'm an amateur musician and going to college for sound engineering. One day I want to be a sound engineer or sound designer working on sound effects for films. That's all I can think of I suppose. Oh and I live in Edinburgh, Scotland.
RE: Hi how are you?
Welcome Enjoy the forums.Remarkable as it is, its in the US that christian indoctrination is more prevalent and pervasive. Around old europe, the BS still sticks, but much more moderately.
To be fair tambourine are awesome.

Welcome!
I've never gotten a boner from reading Dawkins or Hitchens. Maybe Harris will do it for me lol.

Welcome aboard, infidel!
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
Welcome.
Dying to live, living to die.
Hey thanks everyone for welcoming me.

Quote:Remarkable as it is, its in the US that christian indoctrination is more prevalent and pervasive.

Yeah it's so crazy with Christianity in America, very scary.

There is still a lot of religion going on here in the UK, especially with the mass immigration from Eastern Europe and the Muslim world bringing it with them.
Hello. Hope you enjoy the forum.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(June 9, 2014 at 4:25 pm)sixchins Wrote: Yeah it's so crazy with Christianity in America, very scary.

There is still a lot of religion going on here in the UK, especially with the mass immigration from Eastern Europe and the Muslim world bringing it with them.

It's kind of the opposite down my end of the island (I'm down nearish the south coast). Pretty much nobody is religious and the few that are rarely bother to attend churches. The churches down here are essentially just for pretty wedding photo's and town postcards.
Hello nice to meet you! Help yourself to some cookies!
[Image: 391622.jpg]
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 9, 2014 at 1:32 pm)sixchins Wrote: I remember going to their church one time and there were people speaking in tongues and stuff and they gave me a tambourine to play and we all sung Kumbya. It was a pretty psychedelic experience.
Thinking

Sounds like a trip.

Welcome