Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism, perfect for exploration
Atheism, perfect for exploration
I'm happy to be Atheist because I am now free to research and inquire into ANYTHING.

I am particularly excited that I have left Mormonism for Atheism because now I can speak to people of all beliefs and just LISTEN.

That, my friends, is something to be thankful for.

I can now study religions and their true histories and they way that they had shaped society all over the world.

Before it was just extensive study on Mormon doctrine only, only talk to other believers about your beliefs, only go to Mormon Church.

I am so excited! I'm going to go out there and meet people of all kinds!

I kind of already have been, but now it's time to be a good friend to people of all backgrounds!

Since I've lived in a bubble, I'm finally able to just absorb everything. Even better yet...I am now in a secure place of skepticism that none of these silly places can take advantage of me. I'm free of those who wish to take advantage of a young guy like me!

I'm not even interested in spreading Atheism, but interested in genuinely just being friends with my fellow human beings of all different backgrounds! I hope that along the way I may be able to sow the seeds of doubt, but I'm just thankful to be able to make friends for the sake of humanity and not religion and that I can study and read anything I want!

Before the motto was "don't read these books, only read these. dont go there, only go here. the world is evil"

No the motto is "read anything, go anywhere, the world is yours."
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."
R: Atheism, perfect for exploration
This post made my day a little happier.

"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
RE: Atheism, perfect for exploration
Greatest thread. This is the attitude that drives human interest. Instead of "well god (or superman or the being or the batman) did it you are striving for new knowledge all on your own! That's how we become a better people!

On a related note it's why I think things even like Hitler's Mein Kampf should be free reading for everyone. I don't think knowledge hurts anyone. Anyone with half a brain should realize the fallacies in attacking or subjugating another people. And it's important to learn from mistakes not bury them so they may be repeated.
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”

― Mark Twain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Statistics, the perfect weapon to justify hate? Ferrocyanide 12 1539 December 21, 2020 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27094 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12463 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12135 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science Mozart Link 0 874 June 3, 2014 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Mozart Link
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10472 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  is there such thing as a perfect friend? leodeo 21 4658 February 26, 2014 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Marvin
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12004 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  A Near Perfect Reply To Creationists thesummerqueen 24 6696 February 24, 2012 at 11:41 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  The NEW 4 Step Perfect Proof for God of the Bible noselfwilling 36 11823 March 11, 2011 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Ace Otana