Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casey Kasem
Casey Kasem
Rare for a celebrity story bother me much, but Casey Kasem is in his final days (hours?).

Back in the seventies, I really enjoyed his AT40 show, and still listen to the rebroadcasts of some of those very shows on SiriusXM.

Really chocked me up to hear of his unpleasant ailment, and the tragic uproar in his family over his care.

Keep reaching for the stars, Casey, enjoyed the show and your tremendous broadcasting skill and interest in all things music.

Salute
RE: Casey Kasem
ZOINKS!
[Image: shaggy-03.jpg]
Quote:After Kasem was told he had Parkinson's in 2007, he signed a document giving his oldest children authority to make his medical decisions if he should become unable to do so himself.

The power of attorney statement signed by Kasem on November 11, 2007, included a declaration that he did not want to be kept alive with "any form of life sustaining procedures, including nutrition and hydration" if it "would result in a mere biological existence, devoid of cognitive function, with no reasonable hope of normal functioning."
REF: http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/10/showbiz/ca...-timeline/

Sorry Step-Mother, but it's pretty clear what his desires were.

Let the man die and be done with it.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Completely forgot the Shaggy voice characterization, and I even have a Hot Wheels (Match Box ??) Mystery Machine!!
He once read out a Long Distance Dedication I made on his AT40 show in the late 70s... I never missed that program. Boy, those were some innocent days.

I hope his dying journey can be concluded without further drama or insults to his dignity. I'll miss you, Casey.
This is yet another case where I hear something on the news about someone and ask my wife, "you mean, he's not already dead?"
(June 13, 2014 at 1:20 am)Raeven Wrote: He once read out a Long Distance Dedication I made on his AT40 show in the late 70s... I never missed that program. Boy, those were some innocent days.

I hope his dying journey can be concluded without further drama or insults to his dignity. I'll miss you, Casey.

As I noted, AT40 is on SiriusXM on the weekends. Their 70s channel plays the AT40s recorded in that decade. Your dedication is almost certainly played on satellite radio when it comes up in the rotation.
(June 13, 2014 at 12:53 pm)vorlon13 Wrote:
(June 13, 2014 at 1:20 am)Raeven Wrote: He once read out a Long Distance Dedication I made on his AT40 show in the late 70s... I never missed that program. Boy, those were some innocent days.

As I noted, AT40 is on SiriusXM on the weekends. Their 70s channel plays the AT40s recorded in that decade. Your dedication is almost certainly played on satellite radio when it comes up in the rotation.

LOL, awwww, I hadn't thought of that! Too funny. Smile Our little brushes with our "15 minutes..."
Rest in Peace Casey

Kasem is dead. Long live Kasem.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more