Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you shut up 9/11 "truthers"?
How do you shut up 9/11 "truthers"?
Well, I'm on youtube right now and I've noticed a ton of videos with delusional conspiracy theorists who think 911 was an inside job (well, it was an inside job by Al-Qaeda, but none of them think that). I posted a well thought out response to one of many stupid comments that both logically and scientifically disproved the possibility of explosives planted in the towers. Well the first responses I got obviously disregarded what I said and gave the common conspiracy theorist reply of "Oh ya but all of the night workers and others could've been in on it". And guess what they still haven't provided? Evidence. I swear, these guys are stupider than religious nutheads, have any of you ever been able to knock some since into the heads of one of these retards? How did you do it?

(sorry if this is the wrong forum, I know 911 isn't really a current event but lots of people can't stop talking about it on the internet)
RE: How do you shut up 9/11 "truthers"?
It's a religion with those shitwits. We all know that religious shitwits just blather on about their beliefs.
Try linking them to Screw Loose Change. It's basically the video Loose Change, which is something you'd imagine the History Channel would put out, but with annotations and corrections for all the lies.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
What I really like about the Screw Loose Change blog, is that not only does it go through each claim and refute it with 'real' truth, he gives frickin sources for all of them.
Something the Tin Foilers don't seem to have a concept of....
I forgot there was a blog; it's been ages since I looked at this stuff.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 12, 2014 at 8:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's a religion with those shitwits. We all know that religious shitwits just blather on about their beliefs.

Sounds about right. The main reason they piss me off more than Creatards (or any other religious person) is that believing in these things should be a lot more difficult than believing in some imaginary deity. It's not like these guys are indoctrinated like religious people typically are, so I think it's reasonable to say that conspiracy theorists are less intelligent (and probably driven by hate towards the government).
I've never seen one change his mind about 9/11. Oddly enough, I have seen two religionists, over my years irl and online, get to the point that they accepted rational arguments against their gods and fell into apostasy.

(June 12, 2014 at 8:36 pm)Broseph Ballin Wrote: How do you shut up 9/11 "truthers"?
Depends on how close you can get to them.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Quote:It's not like these guys are indoctrinated like religious people typically are

What about "crazy?"
Tell them out front, that you believe everything the govt. and media tell you.
That your leaders would never lie to you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steve Bannon - press should shut up abaris 3 981 January 26, 2017 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Opoponax
  Tunisia to shut mosques after attack TubbyTubby 5 1186 June 27, 2015 at 10:49 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Chelsea Truthers Diamond 30 7123 April 22, 2014 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist