Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love Jesus?
Love Jesus?
Christians,

How can you love Jesus when you have never met him? You have never heard his voice. You don't even know what he looks like.
RE: Love Jesus?
(June 14, 2014 at 1:40 am)KUSA Wrote: Christians,

How can you love Jesus when you have never met him? You have never heard his voice. You don't even know what he looks like.

I wonder how white Christian slave owners would react if Jesus appeared before them as a black guy? Or imagine Kit Carson or Custer's surprise if Jesus appeared before him as an American Indian.

How can you say Christians don't know what Jesus looks like? He looks like Cesare Borgia. Sheesh.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The Bible actually gives a very good description of Jesus.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea...G;ERV;NKJV

http://www.thebricktestament.com/revelat...1_01a.html
Oh, rubbish. I've been to Rome, mate, and there's pictures of Jesus everywhere (as Lewis Black says, he's like the CocaCola of Italy). He looks nothing at all like the description in Revelation.

Who you gonna believe - some half mad nutter who was likely high with ergot poisoning, or actual pictures??

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I believe the evidence speaks for itself.

[Image: image_zps2e727f77.jpg]

[Image: image_zps89da15d3.jpg]
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

They don't, or at least, most Christians I've ever spoken to. They always say, "Jesus loves ME".

Always thinking of No.1 these guys - hence why people subscribe to the religion they think offers them the bigger deal.

Christianity promises treasures and mansions to the poor, and even more treasures and mansions to the rich in western countries.

Most people in the Middle East are Muslim for this reason. They want to live. Sign up to Islam, or die. Now in the Middle East, where are you going to find a better deal than that?
Same way I love whateverist. Never met him, don't know what he looks like, but I have a relationship with him and I have feelings for him based on that.

That's as an ex Christian you understand... Bastard turned out to be a catfish!

Jesus, not whateverist.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code

People "love" all sorts of Fictional characters - having never actually met them because they really do not exist - this is a trait of childhood - and should be outgrown

We have more proof of the existence of Santa Claus than the christ myth - yet the xtian will say Santa Claus is not real.

I love the character Ben Adaephon Delat (Quick Ben) from the Malazan Book of the Fallen series, though I've never met him, heard him nor do I have an accurate representation of what he would look like were he real. That being said, it's a fiction/fan thing for me and not the delusional, incapability to separate fiction from reality type. Big Grin
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7245 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  "why I Hate Religion, but Love Jesus" CleanShavenJesus 3 2419 June 28, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  God cannot love or be Love. Greatest I am 0 1401 December 30, 2011 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  I love Jesus! BloodyHeretic 2 1764 September 18, 2011 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Castle
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7388 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist