Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help, Catholic Girlfriend (Right?)
Thumbs Down 
Help, Catholic Girlfriend (Right?)
Alright so I need some ideas. My girlfriend and I have been dating for almost a year now and she was raised going to a Catholic private school up until high school. (Brainwashed.) She has recently become more open to the idea that Christianity is ridiculous, contradictory, etc. etc. My issue, is that of course she feels having sex is 'not doing the right thing.' She literally does everything in the book, but thinks if she has sex shes doing some evil wrongdoing or some bullshit like that. Its ridiculous, because I know she's ready to have sex, she talks about it all the time, but her brainwashing is getting in the way and it's kind of annoying. Any ideas to change her mind or at least get through to her that it makes no sense God would give a damn if she has sex before marriage? Thanks. Big Grin
RE: Help, Catholic Girlfriend (Right?)
(June 15, 2014 at 7:31 pm)JBrown1597 Wrote: Alright so I need some ideas. My girlfriend and I have been dating for almost a year now and she was raised going to a Catholic private school up until high school. (Brainwashed.) She has recently become more open to the idea that Christianity is ridiculous, contradictory, etc. etc. My issue, is that of course she feels having sex is 'not doing the right thing.' She literally does everything in the book, but thinks if she has sex shes doing some evil wrongdoing or some bullshit like that. Its ridiculous, because I know she's ready to have sex, she talks about it all the time, but her brainwashing is getting in the way and it's kind of annoying. Any ideas to change her mind or at least get through to her that it makes no sense God would give a damn if she has sex before marriage? Thanks. Big Grin

We do not know how old YOU are - and she is.
It may actually be wrong for you two to have sex.

However - I take note that if you are BOTH of age - then

1 - There was no marriage until religion introduced that idea -
2 - Even then - religions considered women to be second class citizens and not worthy.
3 - So - if Marriage was so sacred - and the punishment for sex outside marriage was so final - why did David have at least 18 wives and 10 Concubines?
4 - And Soloman had 700 wives and 300 concubines

And the definition of a concubine is essentially an UNMARRIED sex partner. Oh - by the way - they were OWNED by the man too!

Now if Soloman is the wisest man in the bible - all other men have a lot of catching up to do!
(June 15, 2014 at 7:49 pm)ThomM Wrote:
(June 15, 2014 at 7:31 pm)JBrown1597 Wrote: Alright so I need some ideas. My girlfriend and I have been dating for almost a year now and she was raised going to a Catholic private school up until high school. (Brainwashed.) She has recently become more open to the idea that Christianity is ridiculous, contradictory, etc. etc. My issue, is that of course she feels having sex is 'not doing the right thing.' She literally does everything in the book, but thinks if she has sex shes doing some evil wrongdoing or some bullshit like that. Its ridiculous, because I know she's ready to have sex, she talks about it all the time, but her brainwashing is getting in the way and it's kind of annoying. Any ideas to change her mind or at least get through to her that it makes no sense God would give a damn if she has sex before marriage? Thanks. Big Grin

We do not know how old YOU are - and she is.
It may actually be wrong for you two to have sex.

However - I take note that if you are BOTH of age - then

1 - There was no marriage until religion introduced that idea -
2 - Even then - religions considered women to be second class citizens and not worthy.
3 - So - if Marriage was so sacred - and the punishment for sex outside marriage was so final - why did David have at least 18 wives and 10 Concubines?
4 - And Soloman had 700 wives and 300 concubines

And the definition of a concubine is essentially an UNMARRIED sex partner. Oh - by the way - they were OWNED by the man too!

Now if Soloman is the wisest man in the bible - all other men have a lot of catching up to do!

Yes, we are both of age. I appreciate your help.
(June 15, 2014 at 7:31 pm)JBrown1597 Wrote: Any ideas to change her mind

Chloroform?

Seriously though, if a girl doesn't want to have sex, for whatever reason, applying pressure to have sex is not a smart thing to do.
(June 15, 2014 at 8:04 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(June 15, 2014 at 7:31 pm)JBrown1597 Wrote: Any ideas to change her mind

Chloroform?

Seriously though, if a girl doesn't want to have sex, for whatever reason, applying pressure to have sex is not a smart thing to do.

Good call amigo. And I'm not trying to pressure her, more so ease her mind that God isn't going to be dissapointed in her or some bs for doing something that 90% of the world does. She never lies, cheats, steals, smokes, drinks, any of that yet she thinks if she does something as simple as that, it's game over.
Let it go. She'll have sex when she's good and ready, and will appreciate you respecting her wishes in the meantime.

Sexual Selection is FEMALE CHOICE, the fact that you claim;
Quote: I know she's ready to have sex
sets off a huge warning klaxon. The only person who can know when "she's ready" is her. The problem lies with you, and your own frustration, that is what you have to deal with.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.

You sound young. Believe me fucking is fun, and the "save it for marriage" crap is that. Now having said that. It still remains that if you are not ready for a kid, the only safe way to avoid that is to not stick your dick in her vagina, condoms break.

Hormones are evil. Not in a biblical sense, just that when you are young you want to fuck everything in sight. You are not proving your love for her or her you, by making sex the litmus test.

Don't let your emotions or your hormones dictate to you. It isn't a matter of "saving yourselves", but you also do not want to end up with disease or an unwanted pregnancy neither of you can afford.

Bottom line, think with your head, not your dick.
I started sex young. But that doesn't mean everyone should.

Talk about religion outside the context of sex.

She wont' thank you for pushing her. Kiss her. Pet her. Let her want a little. Then she will or she won't. Rationalizations won't help. Sex is emotional.

Be careful. Oral sex can be just as good, and there is no pregnancy risk. Use condoms carefully. They don't really break easy, but putting them on with hands that have touched a dribbling penis (a young one and some teased old ones) may be putting sperm on the outside. The pill is better and if she really wants she will. Use a condom anyway unless you really are ready to be a daddy.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

God does care if she has sex before marriage. Do you love her or care about her? If so, why are you trying to get her to go against her conscience? I'd advise you to take her as she is or let her go and find a woman who will have sex with you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 35661 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Tongue Scrupulosity - a Catholic disorder ? Bucky Ball 2 360 July 27, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 4017 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1450 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1384 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 794 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2551 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2210 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 653 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  German Catholic Priests Abused More Than 3,600 Kids Fake Messiah 17 2134 September 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama