Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Abortion is morally wrong
Hello, I am new to these forums and am interested in engaging in fruitful and intellectual stimulating conversations! Today, I am interested in the topic of abortion. I believe it to be morally wrong for non-religious reasons. Simply put, a fetus is a human being from the moment of conception since it belongs to the species homo-sapiens and is genetically complete in its information. I look forward to any responses!

Kindest Regards,
RE: Abortion is morally wrong
Bullshit. The dandriff sloughing off your head is genetically complete in its information. You don't see you nursing every flake of dead skin you shed.
Hard question!
But sometimes there's nothing else to do
If a child is going to be borned with defect. Than better abort him..
Because he may suffer later.
(June 17, 2014 at 4:18 pm)Arthur123 Wrote: Hello, I am new to these forums and am interested in engaging in fruitful and intellectual stimulating conversations! Today, I am interested in the topic of abortion. I believe it to be morally wrong for non-religious reasons. Simply put, a fetus is a human being from the moment of conception since it belongs to the species homo-sapiens and is genetically complete in its information. I look forward to any responses!

Kindest Regards,

This ain't going to end well.

Someone here, forget who, had a good quiz.

You hold a petri dish with a fertilised egg in one hand and a baby in the other. You have to drop one. Which one do you drop? And why?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Your belief is that a fetus/cell blob is human from conception.

If you believe the few cells in the first month are a human, then we need to call every adult female a mass murder after her period.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
Here we go again.

At least it isn't another gun thread...
What's your view on contraception like the morning after pill, or very early term abortion of a zygote?
The current Human population growth rate of this planet needs to be curtailed.

The question of morality is long overdue.

Is it morally 'right' to continue overpopulating this Earth, while killing the planet itself? (rhetorical)

P.S.

You might want to post a thread in "Introductions" so that you can be properly greeted - just a suggestion.
Tell me - how precisely do you get from this "is" -

(June 17, 2014 at 4:18 pm)Arthur123 Wrote: Simply put, a fetus is a human being from the moment of conception since it belongs to the species homo-sapiens and is genetically complete in its information.

..to this ought:..

(June 17, 2014 at 4:18 pm)Arthur123 Wrote: I believe it to be morally wrong for non-religious reasons.

...without any of those pesky religious frameworks.

Take your time.
(June 17, 2014 at 4:24 pm)reality Wrote: Hard question!
But sometimes there's nothing else to do
If a child is going to be borned with defect. Than better abort him..
Because he may suffer later.

Well the issue here, I believe, is it morally wrong or not. If a fetus is a human being than it follows that by their very nature it is wrong to murder them. Right now I am interested in the ontology, the essence of the issue. I believe it to be a very important issue with significant consequences for ethics and civic justice one way or the other.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is murder wrong if Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics is true? FlatAssembler 52 3739 August 7, 2022 at 8:51 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  J.J. Thompson's Violinist Thought Experiment Concerning Abortion vulcanlogician 29 1593 January 3, 2022 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  After birth abortion? Mystical 109 9001 August 19, 2018 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  What is wrong with FW? Little Rik 126 14007 August 17, 2018 at 4:10 am
  God does not determine right and wrong Alexmahone 134 14806 February 12, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is it possible for a person to be morally neutral? Der/die AtheistIn 10 2013 October 15, 2017 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Abortion -cpr on the fetus? answer-is-42 153 16082 July 5, 2015 at 12:50 am
  What is wrong with this premise? Heywood 112 18976 February 21, 2015 at 3:34 am
  The foundations of William L. Craigs "science" proven wrong? Arthur Dent 5 1275 July 25, 2014 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Rabb Allah
  "God has morally sufficient reasons for permitting evil" Freedom of thought 58 17423 December 27, 2013 at 12:58 am
Last Post: Freedom of thought