Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threatening anti-Baha'i posters distributed in Yazd, Iran
Threatening anti-Baha'i posters distributed in Yazd, Iran
The story from the Baha'i World News Service

Quote:The anonymously authored leaflet was posted on walls and also placed on the homes and cars of Baha'is, said Diane Ala'i, the representative of the Baha'i International Community to the United Nations in Geneva.

"The distribution of this poster was obviously timed to inflame religious passions against Baha'is, who are a minority in Yazd and throughout Iran," said Ms. Ala'i. "The basic message of the poster is that it is a religious duty to attack Baha'is and to destroy their properties.

"The targeting of Baha'i homes and vehicles is also equally ominous, sending a message: 'We know who and where you are,'" she added.

Quote:The flier claims that according to Sharia law, the "blood" of Baha'is "is worthless," and that "every Muslim individual must stand up against any activity by this movement and combat them even at the cost of his own life."

Quote:Ms. Ala'i said it was the government's duty to denounce such acts publically and to find and prosecute the perpetrators of such hateful messages, and to protect Baha'is as citizens of Iran.

"Unfortunately, the government has for too long allowed the perpetrators of such attacks to act with impunity. In recent years, there have been literally hundreds of attacks or threats against Baha'is and their properties, and no one has been prosecuted for such actions," she said.

Ms. Ala'i noted, for example, that three Baha'is were attacked in their home in Birjand in January by an anonymous intruder wielding a knife and that a Baha'i was shot and killed in Bandar Abbas last August. There have also been a number of incidents of the desecration of Baha'i cemeteries in recent months, such as efforts by the Revolutionary Guard to destroy an historic Baha'i cemetery in Shiraz.

"Unfortunately, the government has too often been a willing participant in the circulation of hate material against Baha'is. Top officials and government media outlets regularly spew anti-Baha'i propaganda – and the volume of such items has in fact increased dramatically this year," said Ms. Ala'i.

Quote:The government has created an atmosphere where those who harbor hatred against Baha'is can act with complete impunity," said Ms. Ala'i. "And without fear of prosecution, we are gravely concerned that life-threatening attacks against Baha'is are all too likely to continue.
RE: Threatening anti-Baha'i posters distributed in Yazd, Iran
(June 18, 2014 at 4:22 pm)zanOTK Wrote:

Ouch, that's some scary shit... Just wondering, what are the free speech laws like where you are? Could they be prosecuted for the distribution of the pamphlets alone, or would someone have to act on them before the law would step in?

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to ask about the laws in the community mentioned in your post, not necessarily where you are.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Haha, I live in Arkansas, man. Which, if the likes of Beebe Mayor Robertson have their way, will be very similar to Iran as far as religious freedom goes very soon. O.O

But answering your question, I'm pretty sure you don't have any free speech if you live in Iran. Legally, you do. But that won't stop the government and the clergy's goons from shutting you up REAL fast. Unless, that is, you are encouraging violence against Baha'is or other religious minorities. That's considered just fine! --_--

I will say, though, not all Iranians are as anti-Baha'i (or anti-anything, for that matter) as this and other articles might make them look. Example:

http://iranpresswatch.org/post/10108/

http://iranpresswatch.org/post/10165/
Disheartening, but not in the least unexpected. Muslims consider your lot to be in apostasy, and since when have Muslims been tolerant of other faiths?

For the record, while I've got no use for religionists generally, Baha'i generally don't fuss me all that much.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 18, 2014 at 6:59 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Disheartening, but not in the least unexpected. Muslims consider your lot to be in apostasy, and since when have Muslims been tolerant of other faiths?

For the record, while I've got no use for religionists generally, Baha'i generally don't fuss me all that much.

Boru

I personally feel it's more political than anything. The majority of the Muslims that learned about my beliefs were pretty interested, since they may have heard of the Baha'i Faith but never actually met a Baha'i. A good friend of mine is an Iranian Shi'i Muslim, and he is sympathetic to the Baha'is of Iran.

And then there's this girl...
I am a Baha'i of Iranian origins but was raised and grew up in the US of A. I am fluent in spoken Persian. I have Atheist, Shia, and Zoroastrian Iranian extended family, but most are Baha'is.
Funny because I have a very negative opinion of Baha'is and it does not come from me being a Muslim it comes from me disliking religious dishonesty. Baha'ism is just flat out annoying to me because I cannot separate it from New Age, New Thought or Spiritualism teachings. It all sounds like overly liberal garbage where they try appeasing all sides of religions.
Baha'ism is threatening in that is bugs the shit out of people in how it tries reconciling all religions into a useless glob of theological fitna.

I can fully understand why the Ayotallah would hate Baha'is in the same way that Nixon would hate hippies
[Image: tumblr_n8f4c0zuQE1twxzjco1_1280.png]
Not sure what you mean Rabb Allah (by addressing me). I don't think the essence of what Baha'u'llah taught is hippie, though the bulk of American Baha'i converts have hippie tendencies. I am an Atheist Baha'i. What are your views?

The concept of Irfan (mystical Knowledge) makes sense to me and is the premise of the Kitab-i-Iqan.

Your signature says you are the enemy of Muhammad?

I thought you were a mystic? Care to explain?
(July 9, 2014 at 10:38 pm)logicalreason Wrote: Not sure what you mean Rabb Allah (by addressing me). I don't think the essence of what Baha'u'llah taught is hippie, though the bulk of American Baha'i converts have hippie tendencies. I am an Atheist Baha'i. What are your views?

The concept of Irfan (mystical Knowledge) makes sense to me and is the premise of the Kitab-i-Iqan.

Your signature says you are the enemy of Muhammad?

I thought you were a mystic? Care to explain?

Well all of that Baha'is I have met are quintessential hippies. I admit to being ignorant on Baha'i scripture so I will fess up to that. But even the overall concept is naive if you ask me.

Also I had no idea Baha'ism allows mulhid folks. This is very new to me I must say.

Well I am a very big fan of irfan and mysticism no doubt, ya got me there. I enjoy Sha'iyyah for some reason as it is so blasphemous compared to Sunniyyah. A much more profound doctrine that has given rise to some of the greatest bid'ah ever! I am making a blue turbah as we speak I may add Smile. I do not believe in supernatural woo I would add and attribute mysticism to philosophical idealism in the ontological and epistemological sense. Mysticism is nothing but the acquisition of personal knowledge about oneself. It is exploring oneself which is why mystics have personalities who resemble their gods. Exploring god is circular because we as humans created god and all the variants.

I should have really said Enemy of Muhammadism. Seems more appropriate if you ask me. Also I do not see how this infringes upon my mysticism.
I am an atheist at the end of the day I just have a lot of religious sprinkles on top of my icing
[Image: tumblr_n8f4c0zuQE1twxzjco1_1280.png]
What is mulhid? Sorry I am ignorant of Islamic words, but I think I figured out the rest of them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evil God and anti-theodicy FrustratedFool 32 2268 August 21, 2023 at 9:28 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Baha'i faith Figbash 5 928 April 13, 2020 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Baha'i Faith, have you heard of it? Foxaèr 22 3259 October 23, 2017 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Anti-Religon Songs ScienceAf 10 2848 July 18, 2017 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: ScienceAf
  Theist Posters: Why do you believe your God exists? SuperSentient 65 14326 March 15, 2017 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why I Am Anti-Theist God of Mr. Hanky 33 5585 February 23, 2016 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Old Baby
  what do non/anti-religion Deists and Theists believe ? jenny1972 94 14028 November 17, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Dawkins is Anti-Semitic ComradeMeow 14 3858 July 8, 2015 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: Spooky
Information FOR THE Atheist/Anti-Muslim/Non-Muslim, A Muslim ( Me) is going to answer you kahmed123 47 8352 October 8, 2014 at 8:37 am
Last Post: bladevalant546
  Just ordered this anti-religion shirt. Need to be grilled for practice MusicLovingAtheist 20 3931 September 15, 2014 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: MusicLovingAtheist