Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Christian motives to lie.
Christian motives to lie.
There is a recent news event about a christian bus driver who decided to fake a miracle in which his bible stops two bullets from entering his heart.

As it turns out it was a carefully orchestrated ruse to con people into thinking god intervened when actually he did nothing of the sort. This guy didn't come clean because jesus told him not to lie, it came out due to the scientific investigations of the police detectives.

Here's the link.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio.../10850447/

Original story before the hoax was discovered:

http://www.newser.com/story/182849/bible...river.html

So often christians on this site claim that the witnesses to jesus and his miracles wouldn't lie because they wouldn't have a motive, but I say they had the same motive as this guy.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Christian motives to lie.
Quote:The driver hasn't been charged with a crime, but he will probably lose his job:

So, filing a false report isn't a crime in Ohio?
(June 19, 2014 at 7:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:The driver hasn't been charged with a crime, but he will probably lose his job:

So, filing a false report isn't a crime in Ohio?

Crimes for Jesus aren't really crimes here.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Hard to see where jesus enters into this at all.
Obviously he was just trying to spread the good word. Is there really any harm in that?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 19, 2014 at 7:55 pm)Losty Wrote: Crimes for Jesus aren't really crimes here.
[Image: huh.gif]

(June 19, 2014 at 8:09 pm)Losty Wrote: Obviously he was just trying to spread the good word. Is there really any harm in that?
[Image: Eyecrazy.gif]
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Oh, I've encountered some real liars for Jesus in RL and online.

Two I remember in particular:

One claimed that he saw a missionary in Africa hold up a bible when someone tried to shoot him and the bullets magically . . . I mean "miraculously" changed direction and missed.

Another claimed that he was at a faith healers and witnessed someone's leg grow longer - not grow back, but grow longer to match the other leg.

The thing is, there are people who fall for these obviously bullshit stories.
Dying to live, living to die.
There are people who think a dead jew came back to life to atone for their sins.

What can I tell you. There's an asshole born every minute and they all find their way to 'god.'
(June 19, 2014 at 11:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: There are people who think a dead jew came back to life to atone for their sins.

What can I tell you. There's an asshole born every minute and they all find their way to 'god.'

Exactly! ROFLOL
[Image: graphics-rain-426733.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mg1j75ROlI1qam8b5o1_500.gif]

true story

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88830 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  What does the lamb lie with? robvalue 42 2784 April 10, 2019 at 2:20 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5799 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Would They Die for a Lie? YahwehIsTheWay 95 12586 December 27, 2018 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Too Soon For a Lie YahwehIsTheWay 14 2585 December 5, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  The Lie Known as "Salvation" Haipule 59 8212 June 12, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Everything I know is a lie! godlessheatheness 31 6536 April 6, 2017 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  William Craig caught in a lie. Jehanne 23 4848 January 7, 2017 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christians, where does your allegiance lie? - Jesus Christ or Bible Forsaken 53 14176 February 15, 2015 at 6:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Early Christian motives (a conversation with Paul) Mudhammam 0 1269 July 23, 2014 at 6:22 am
Last Post: Mudhammam