Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's join the dots
Let's join the dots
Them 2 atoms in my skull have collided again.
I just want to know if I'm insane because there can only be one "logic"

All life on earth share a similar design of gene code.
Same players, just different combinations

Therefore in the primordial soup, nature would have played with almost infinite possibilities of variations of these and other chemicals/molecules.

Only one genetic structure made it this far

The others cannot create what we call living

Nature has never stopped trying till this day

Therefore, under the laws of Einsteins Universe as we know it, any life on any planet must have the same gene structure

We are living proof that life exists on "other" planets

Therefore there "are" other life forms who not only are compatible with our gene code, but with all of natures diversity, may even look like us

We also have to assume that intelligence is not explicitly unique us

Therefore as time is relative, there is just as much possibility that these living beings have been around less than us or more ....a lot more.

Therefore "ET's" do exist. We just haven't made contact with any.

Therefore there may logically be a "chance" that they have visited our planet in the past.

Could it be possible that they "kick started" life on earth to give nature a helping hand.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Let's join the dots
(June 19, 2014 at 11:42 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Could it be possible that they "kick started" life on earth to give nature a helping hand.

Certainly possible, but until evidence can be found to support it it's just another theory I guess.

Indeed, there's been some theories in the past that have posited this, many of which you're probably already aware of:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
The great thing about not being arrogant enough to think we have all the answers, is that we're open to science's new discoveries and theories.

Panspermia is one of my favourites, though I'm not sure it's the one I believe in.

But when you throw religious myths out the window, all kinds of possibilities are open to us!
(June 20, 2014 at 3:09 am)laikashuman Wrote: The great thing about not being arrogant enough to think we have all the answers, is that we're open to science's new discoveries and theories.

Panspermia is one of my favourites, though I'm not sure it's the one I believe in.

But when you throw religious myths out the window, all kinds of possibilities are open to us!

Agreed. Religious 'theories' don't actually give us answers. They just give us a conclusion with no further explanation. "Goddidit". End of story, nothing more to see here. Move along.

Panspermia is certainly a romantic idea, thinking that life here originated from half way across the galaxy and that life would be similar everywhere.

Opens up many more questions over whether,for example, DNA is the most efficient way of 'coding' life and whether it is ubiquitous?

I hope in my lifetime we may have some answers.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Hopefully and in the name of science, in the near future, when we work out the technical details of creating life in a lab,
do we then also inherit the dubious title of "creator"? Something none of us need or want?
I find this paradoxical ...

Everything comes down to technical details, does it not? Unless we are missing one key element which we may never know,
(for the same reason which Einstein quotes in my sig)

Either way, creating something is one thing, writing stories about it and including your ideals of morality is a very human thing to do.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 19, 2014 at 11:42 pm)ignoramus Wrote: We are living proof that life exists on "other" planets

Therefore there "are" other life forms who not only are compatible with our gene code, but with all of natures diversity, may even look like us.

If the other planet is about the same size as earth, they might look like us. But if it's larger or smaller, then the gravity is totally different and it affects the environment that the "life" has to evolve in. So then it may look totally different.

(June 19, 2014 at 11:42 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Could it be possible that they "kick started" life on earth to give nature a helping hand.

It's certainly a possibility, but there's no decent proof of that.
agree totally with both.
That's why I left the last one as a question, not a statement ... there is no base for that assumption... it may answer why we are here, but still doesn't touch on who created them.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Well, there's always Richard Dawkins' caveat, quote-mined so gloriously for Ben Stein's “Expelled“ failure: that even if life here began out there, and if that life began somewhere else etc, you can only push that bar so far back. At some point, you're still going to be faced with some form of Darwinian evolution; and you 'only' have thirteen thousand million years to play with.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 19, 2014 at 11:42 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Them 2 atoms in my skull have collided again.
I just want to know if I'm insane because there can only be one "logic"

All life on earth share a similar design of gene code.
Same players, just different combinations

Therefore in the primordial soup, nature would have played with almost infinite possibilities of variations of these and other chemicals/molecules.

Only one genetic structure made it this far

The others cannot create what we call living

Nature has never stopped trying till this day

Therefore, under the laws of Einsteins Universe as we know it, any life on any planet must have the same gene structure

We are living proof that life exists on "other" planets

Therefore there "are" other life forms who not only are compatible with our gene code, but with all of natures diversity, may even look like us

We also have to assume that intelligence is not explicitly unique us

Therefore as time is relative, there is just as much possibility that these living beings have been around less than us or more ....a lot more.

Therefore "ET's" do exist. We just haven't made contact with any.

Therefore there may logically be a "chance" that they have visited our planet in the past.

Could it be possible that they "kick started" life on earth to give nature a helping hand.

Yes. Very possible. In fact I think it is funny that people think we are, not only at the top, but the only ones.

The DNA is the most important thing. not the body. silly religions.

In fact I say shoot shit into space. It has life and food. All we need to do is shield it. It would be a lot cheaper. and we can shoot it in every direction.

I've always liked Thomas Gold's accidental panspermia theory. Where life on earth was seeded after aliens had a picnic on a desolate planet earth, forgot to pick up their litter and we evolved out of the microbes left behind.

I dont know why really. I think its mainly because I think it would be funny if one of the theists favourite strawman arguments turned out to be true and life on earth was indeed an accident. A sort of poetic justice, if you will.

One day I hope to see proof of this theory.ROFLOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's be honest Kingpin 109 6557 May 21, 2023 at 5:39 am
Last Post: GUBU
Tongue Let's see some Atheist or Anti Religion Memes Spooky 317 159268 July 10, 2017 at 5:00 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Let us think why humanity developed several religions but only one science? Nishant 10 2897 January 4, 2017 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Let's exchange some recipies rado84 1 877 December 1, 2016 at 7:12 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Let's talk about.... dyresand 7 1839 November 8, 2015 at 10:31 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Let's create an eternal blissful life through science FreeAtheist 18 4796 October 12, 2015 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheists not allowed to join FreeMasonry superAtheistnut 19 3762 April 19, 2015 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Let's answer CARM's Questions for Atheists Dolorian 89 19780 September 17, 2014 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  let the GAMES BEGIN!!!! BlackSwordsman 14 2535 May 1, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  How do I join the cult of Atheism? repentsinners 58 9585 November 26, 2013 at 8:24 am
Last Post: NoraBrimstone