Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank You Britain
Thank You Britain
Now let's hear the xtian shits start whining about being 'persecuted!'

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/20/uk...c-funding/

Quote:On Thursday, the United Kingdom expanded its ban on the teaching of creationism from all state schools, to all state schools as well as semi-private Free Schools and Academies.

The decision effectively means that no school in the United Kingdom can teach creationism or any other “anti-scientific” dogma without losing the entirety of its funding, as they would be violating “the requirement on every academy and free school to provide a broad and balanced curriculum.”

According to a press release from the British Humanist Association (BHA), the new rules “explicitly require that pupils are taught about the theory of evolution, and prevent academy trusts from teaching ‘creationism’ as scientific fact.”

One imagines the muslims won't be far behind in the outrage.
RE: Thank You Britain
See, this is precisely why all your peer nations stare at the US and wag their collective head in disbelief.

Well, that and your nutty ideas regarding firearms.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Quote:On Thursday, the United Kingdom expanded its ban on the teaching of creationism from all state schools, to all state schools as well as semi-private Free Schools and Academies.

The decision effectively means that no school in the United Kingdom can teach creationism or any other “anti-scientific” dogma without losing the entirety of its funding, as they would be violating “the requirement on every academy and free school to provide a broad and balanced curriculum.”

According to a press release from the British Humanist Association (BHA), the new rules “explicitly require that pupils are taught about the theory of evolution, and prevent academy trusts from teaching ‘creationism’ as scientific fact.”

[Image: applause-o.gif?w=490]
[Image: Evolution.png]

I was going to say, at least we don't fund private elementary and high schools here in the U.S. and then I thought about the voucher programs. *sigh*
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Britain finally learnt how to spread the red pill by crop dusting - well done.
One other veil of perception left to remove ... Sacred Royalty. And we're good.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
This is actually the first I've heard of this - I don't really bother with the telly anymore and what with the football and everything (another strategic English withdrawal), I've somehow avoided the news of late.

At last, Dyno-Rod Dave got something right!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 20, 2014 at 6:53 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Now let's hear the xtian shits start whining about being 'persecuted!'

It's still not a complete victory: there are fully private, religious schools which will be able to continue teaching what the hell they like. I tried looking up the numbers but the ISC (Independent Schools Council) doesn't list which schools are part-funded and which are fully independent.
Sum ergo sum
No teaching the controversy for the Brits!

The devil is very pleased.

[Image: devil.png]
(June 20, 2014 at 7:37 pm)Ben Davis Wrote:
(June 20, 2014 at 6:53 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Now let's hear the xtian shits start whining about being 'persecuted!'

It's still not a complete victory: there are fully private, religious schools which will be able to continue teaching what the hell they like. I tried looking up the numbers but the ISC (Independent Schools Council) doesn't list which schools are part-funded and which are fully independent.

Your universities need to de-certify schools full or morons who teach ancient superstition in lieu of science.
(June 20, 2014 at 7:47 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Your universities need to de-certify schools full or morons who teach ancient superstition in lieu of science.
Most universities only accept students who have accumulated a certain number of "points" from certified exam boards, and I'm not aware of any exam boards that include creationism in the Biology exams, so in a way that has already happened.

Related article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-26823183

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another US Export. Thank You So Bloody Much BrianSoddingBoru4 6 357 January 13, 2021 at 11:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I Suppose This Means The WLB Will Declare War on Britain Minimalist 2 468 March 14, 2018 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dear Britain: Minimalist 9 973 December 26, 2017 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Dear Britain Minimalist 9 1204 December 1, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Britain 1 US 0 Minimalist 9 957 August 29, 2017 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Go For It, Britain Minimalist 49 6871 December 12, 2015 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Thank you for coming out, Matt Damon. Foxaèr 22 3230 October 2, 2015 at 4:15 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Please thank the Today show. Brian37 1 926 April 18, 2015 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Snowden Warns About Britain Minimalist 3 1279 October 18, 2014 at 6:09 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Britain is in trouble Foxaèr 73 9559 May 6, 2014 at 9:06 am
Last Post: Cyberman