Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Christianity Ultimately Sounds Like To Me
What Christianity Ultimately Sounds Like To Me
It's a kind of congame. (Sorry in advance to any old timers who have already met Hank's Ass):

There's a printed version here: Kissing Hank's Ass on Jhuger
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
RE: What Christianity Ultimately Sounds Like To Me
Christianity is a zombie-based religion.
(June 22, 2014 at 8:36 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Christianity is a zombie-based religion.
No, no, no!
It is a lich based religion.
Now it's a rich-based religion. Actually it always was.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Trying to understand the bullshit actually brought on a headache I'm going to sue all Christians!
(June 22, 2014 at 8:36 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Christianity is a zombie-based religion.

Agreed. Simple and to the point!

[Image: christianzombies.jpg]
[Image: graphics-rain-426733.gif]
It has actually became a sorta dirty word for me. Part of me just cringes when I hear it.
(June 22, 2014 at 10:05 pm)Elskidor Wrote: It has actually became a sorta dirty word for me. Part of me just cringes when I hear it.

Same here although the nice mormon children skipped our door when visiting our apartment.

Wife told him we we're Buddhists.
[Image: 2jcyf5t.jpg]
[Image: jesus_save_me_by_religulous-d1noe8m.jpg]
(June 22, 2014 at 10:05 pm)Elskidor Wrote: It has actually became a sorta dirty word for me. Part of me just cringes when I hear it.

Oddly enough, even though I remember disbelieving as early as 7 or 8, I don't feel that way about the church in general. I have fond Sunday school and Bible camp memories. But the brand of Christianity I was brought up with was relatively sane. They claimed the Bible was "spiritual inerrant" but not factualy so. They were anti-sex in some unhealthy ways including homophobia, premarital sex, and masturbation that was about it.

But it's still a con. Do this in life because of a promise for the hereafter. Proof, no my girl you need faith.

However whenever I visit the Bible Belt, I'm right there with you. These people are crazy and dangerous.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9293 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6788 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Sounds to Me Like God Said Minimalist 22 4169 October 18, 2015 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: pgrimes15
  What is Christianity like in Europe? watchamadoodle 11 3748 January 7, 2015 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: watchamadoodle
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8496 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18325 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
Exclamation 'The Truth' Sounds Too Familiar... FallentoReason 31 15602 September 25, 2012 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin