Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quotes About Booze
Quotes About Booze
Ran across a few I thought were cute.

-'Ah, whiskey! The best friend a man ever had at night, but oh, God, what an awful bitch in the morning!' - Liam Clancy

'I'm not a writer with a drinking problem. I'm a drinker with a writing problem.' - Brendan Behan

'On our African safari, someone forgot to pack the corkscrew. For three days, we had nothing to live on but food and water.' - W.C. Fields.

Any others?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Quotes About Booze
"Cheap booze is a false economy." - Christopher Hitchens
"Booze is like another word for alcohols" -me
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]

"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."

W. C. Fields

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
You can't have these quotes without....

"Alcohol. The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." - Homer Simpson
“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.”-Mark Twain
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
'I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a pre-frontal lobotomy.' - Variously ascribed.

'Beware of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors. And miss.' - Lazarus Long

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
There are a whole lot in the song "Born again pisstank" by Kevin Bloody Wilson.

Not sure if I can post a link to it because it contains more than the average amount of swearing . . .

Thinking
Dying to live, living to die.
Technically, Alcohol is a solution- Chemistry
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Quote:When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

-- Henny Youngman

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Known quotes from famous people... Brian37 7 451 January 5, 2020 at 3:04 am
Last Post: Brian37
  45's versions of famous quotes...add yours. Brian37 14 1130 September 3, 2019 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Famous quotes in Gibberish....... Brian37 7 902 March 6, 2019 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Voice Zap Brannigan reads 45's quotes Brian37 1 261 July 28, 2018 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What would you do if you ran out of beer/booze? Brian37 63 11255 October 23, 2017 at 10:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  John Oliver on Fake Quotes Minimalist 6 3186 October 20, 2015 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Quotes taken out of context Chas 10 1990 May 3, 2015 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  ~Funny Movie Quotes~ Mystical 19 6740 February 16, 2013 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Favorite Quotes by Comedians Shell B 25 14517 June 4, 2011 at 4:41 am
Last Post: Violet
  100 Greatest Quotes from Fundamentalist Christian Chat Rooms thesummerqueen 31 17256 January 2, 2011 at 11:00 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb