Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lies it's OK to tell children
Lies it's OK to tell children
Somewhat inspired by another post.

On the death of a parent...

'Daddy/Mummy has gone to live on a farm in the countryside where he/she can happily chase rabbits'

or

'Daddy/Mummy now lives on the internet and will be watching everything you do'

The latter could have behavioural modification benefits.

Anyone?
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
RE: Lies it's OK to tell children
There's a fat guy who lives at the North Pole who will give you toys if you don't touch yourself.
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
(June 26, 2014 at 4:23 pm)ManMachine Wrote: 'Daddy/Mummy has gone to live on a farm in the countryside where he/she can happily chase rabbits'

Hahaha!

Isn't that the lie people tell their kids when their dog dies?
Really, really, really bad children can be spanked TO DEATH.

Take an extension cord, cut off the socket end, and strip the wires back. Find an annoying child and ask them if they would like to shake hands with Jesus.

I've told a couple of kids that I too have the heart of a small child . . .

. . . for breakfast every morning

Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tell us why the person above you should be illegal. Gawdzilla Sama 22 1996 July 13, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hi, I would like to tell you about {name}, the only way to {whatever} ignoramus 17 3426 June 8, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Raising GODLY children MentalGiant 17 2255 September 17, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Married With Children spoof lyrics... Brian37 3 1216 May 13, 2015 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Children and punishments pocaracas 2 1208 February 12, 2014 at 6:25 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Congress Takes Children Hostage Minimalist 2 1303 October 4, 2011 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Innocence of Children. The Grand Nudger 33 5768 August 30, 2011 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus