Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Brand destroys Fox News

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/...33502.html

Quote:Russell Brand has responded to Fox News legal analyst Jeanine Pirro, who delivered an unlettered rant about the Iraq War on Saturday by calling Rupert Murdoch’s network a “fanatical terrorist propagandist organization”.

In her diatribe, Pirro offered a method of dealing with the Jihadists group that now controls great swathes of Iraq and Syria. "Bomb them, keep bombing them, bomb them again," she squealed.

I knew Fox news was a pretty ridiculous news station but god damn I didn't realise they literally let these sorts of freaks up on a soap box to have a rant about bombing people. This is just plain obscene. No wonder so much of America is indoctrinated with ignorance if these are the kinds of people allowed to spout vitriol on a news station. Undecided
RE: Russell Brand destroys Fox News
Ahhh. Bullshit Mountain.

It's that travesty that happens when a shrinking minority of people who have a bit of money watch one TV station for their "news."
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Hmm. My opinion of Russel Brand just went up.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(June 27, 2014 at 8:52 am)Napoléon Wrote: No wonder so much of America is indoctrinated with ignorance if these are the kinds of people allowed to spout vitriol on a news station. Undecided

Pretty much.

Fox "News" = The "Pravda" of the American right wing

No doubt the creators of Fox "News" studied the propaganda ministry of the former Soviet Union and used their techniques.

Most of the rest of the American media is controlled by one of six major corporations. While not as overt as Fox, American media offers a heavy right wing, pro-corporate-interest slant. We sometimes won't even hear about news stories if corporate interests won't allow it. The slant is underscored on the Sunday talk shows (shows where issues are discussed in depth by pundits) usually feature hard-right-neo-cons and soft-spoken-faux-liberals.

On a related note, I just love it on the occasions when GOP pundits and politicians go on foreign media shows and you see that deer-in-the-headlights look in their eyes as they are asked hard questions instead of getting the softball treatment they receive on our media.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(June 27, 2014 at 8:52 am)Napoléon Wrote:

I've seen rants just as silly on MSNBC. Foxnews doesn't have an exclusive on stupidity.
(June 27, 2014 at 12:01 pm)Heywood Wrote: I've seen rants just as silly on MSNBC. Foxnews doesn't have an exclusive on stupidity.

BOTH SIDES!
BOTH SIDES!
BOTH SIDES!
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
One side is worse than the other.

Jon Stewart - last night.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/y54hug/priority-fail
(June 27, 2014 at 10:51 am)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Hmm. My opinion of Russel Brand just went up.

More material that might make it go up further (check em out if you've got time):

(June 27, 2014 at 12:01 pm)Heywood Wrote: I've seen rants just as silly on MSNBC. Foxnews doesn't have an exclusive on stupidity.

Care to back that up? I'm yet to see anything to rival Fox News' stupidity.
Thanks for posting those. I was going to say, Russell Brand is pretty on the ball with this sort of thing.
(June 27, 2014 at 12:06 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(June 27, 2014 at 10:51 am)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Hmm. My opinion of Russel Brand just went up.

More material that might make it go up further (check em out if you've got time):

Care to back that up? I'm yet to see anything to rival Fox News' stupidity.

The most recent one that comes to mind is Rachal's Maddow rant that Oklahoma is trying to tax the sun. I don't watch Fox or MSNBC but I watched that episode(4-21-2014) because a person I work with commented on it. My opinion of him went down several notches when I realized he simply couldn't discern the stupidity it contained.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 3901 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Fox 'News' Running Scared BrianSoddingBoru4 9 699 December 20, 2020 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Just now on FOX NEWS...... Brian37 17 1035 December 12, 2020 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Shep Smith out at Fox News. Brian37 11 947 October 12, 2019 at 9:22 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A snowball's chance in Fox News Brian37 11 1134 May 31, 2019 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Poor Ivanka, shuts down her name brand. Brian37 7 1149 July 25, 2018 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 518 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Even FOX FUX Turn On The Orange Turd Minimalist 4 918 April 4, 2018 at 12:03 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  FOX FUCK Apologizes Minimalist 44 3816 April 2, 2018 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  On Fox: "Trump could beat Jesus and Mary in 2020" Fake Messiah 12 1629 January 11, 2018 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome