Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorate Bible Verses
Favorate Bible Verses
My husband's 13 year old niece has issued a Facebook challenge: cite your favorite Bible verse. He's still trying to figure out what to do. The rest of us have some unhealthy suggestions which he will certainly not post, but which are evilly fun to think about:

Quote:There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.
Ezekiel 23:20

Quote:Let us get our father to drink wine and then let us lie with him and preserve our family line through our father.
Genesis 19:32
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
RE: Favorate Bible Verses
Ezekiel 25:17 Wrote:I will carry out great vengeance on them and punish them in my wrath. Then they will know that I am the Lord, when I take vengeance on them.’”

ofc ,you know why this one is my fav Tongue
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Has to be 1 Corinthians 13:11, when applied to the bible.
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

(June 28, 2014 at 3:10 am)Sejanus Wrote: Has to be 1 Corinthians 13:11, when applied to the bible.
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Funny, that's one my husband actually considered.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Here's another good one:

"And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the peoples that wage war against Jerusalem: their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. " Zechariah 24:22

Or, maybe that's one of the ones she wouldn't post....
I get why you want to be careful, since she's only 13. Still, would like to see some of the other's faces when these delightful, tender and loving verses were posted.

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned.

HangShitfan
[Image: graphics-rain-426733.gif]
Quote:Happy shall he be, that takes and dashes your little ones against the stones.
Psalms 137:9
Job

To paraphrase:

"Ahem, Take a look at this bad-ass dragon. Can you fuck with it? I won't fuck with it. You know who can fuck with it? God, that's who. Amen, allah hu akbar, namaste, etc etc etc."
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:"For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it."

Matthew 19:12
undefined
None. I think this is a perfectly reasonable reply since I also don't have a favorite method for mangling my testicles.