Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're not allowed to end it all. Ever.
You're not allowed to end it all. Ever.
'Suicide net' approved for Golden Gate Bridge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28069425

Well, the authorities send us time and again a clear message. I just wish people would listen to them.

Hate your life of poverty and squalor?

Hate our gods and religious establishments we created?

Hate starving to death?

Hate your diseases slowly crippling and rotting you away?

Hate your monotonous meaningless life of endless work and routine?

Hate your governments for taxing you into bankruptcy?

Hate thieves and the like for burgling your business into oblivion?

Hate the fact that you're a failure? A mockery for your peers and enemies?

Feel like you need to end it all? End the pain, agony and misery?

TOUGH. Big Grin

Your life is not your own. You have no right to die. Your appointed time to live and time to die belongs to the state. You're not allowed to 'commit' suicide.

*drinks his champagne from his penthouse* Big Grin
RE: You're not allowed to end it all. Ever.
15,000 people a year blow their brains out with guns. This seems like a waste of money.
Yeah I'm sure these people will just find alternative ways to die. Now San Fran will have to be scraping the remains off of pavements instead of scooping them out of the water.
I had a few friends back in the 80s and 90s choose to not fight AIDS when it got rough for them. We were advised of the legalities in hospice training and several of the ones leading the training recounted their experiences with helping AIDS persons and their questions.

I decided for myself at the time to answer all questions honestly regarding means, to not have (much of) an opinion whether or not a particular person should or shouldn't, and to be there (but not help) if someone wanted me around when they did it.

I failed to anticipate my feelings when I encountered Brian, as it turns out, he didn't choose suicide. Had he done so, and wanted me around, I might have offered to go with . . .

I have talked some about the suicides with my surviving friends. I don't recall a single condemning comment about any of our friends that did from anyone. I don't think any of us can say absolutely what we done had the odds went the other way.
Christians came up with eternal torment in hell so people wouldn't commit suicide. Fuck the church and fuck the gubmint.
$76 million for something that won't do fuck-all for the suicide rate. Where's the funding for suicide hot-lines and or outreach programs?!?

Oh, wait. You'd need volunteers for that and the do-gooders are too busy trying to build fences for bridges.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(June 28, 2014 at 1:01 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Yeah I'm sure these people will just find alternative ways to die. Now San Fran will have to be scraping the remains off of pavements instead of scooping them out of the water.

Fuck off you fucking ghoul.

This is the same kind of dark predictions we hear every fucking day from every doom sayer from conspiracy nuts to the GOP prognosticators of self-inflicted wounds.

I depend on the SF Bay area transit system, and I've always been appalled at how the Golden Gate bridge has been a popular suicide destination.

We're not and never have been.

You want to support suicide?

Offer your own fucking city and facilities. Or buy a gun and blow your brains out.

Stop using our commons. Really. Just stop.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(June 28, 2014 at 12:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: 15,000 people a year blow their brains out with guns. This seems like a waste of money.

Then they can buy a fucking gun and embrace that second amendment solution to the roof of the mouth.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
One thing occurs to me - the $76 million price tag (which if past public works projects is any gauge, is realistically more like $150 million)...

...that $76 mil would buy a LOT of mental health care and outreach.
I don't think encouraging people to commit suicide is ever a good idea.
Many depressed people, come back from suicide attempts glad they didn't succeed.
But we can't prevent suicide. A determined person will find a way.

Nor do I think suicide is never justified. We have an assisted suicide law here in Oregon for people dying in pain or fear. It seems to work.

But I don't think public suicide is ever a good idea. And the bridge is rather public, no?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not All US Republicans Are Against Illegal Immigration BrianSoddingBoru4 4 519 June 27, 2020 at 9:37 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The end of the Artic Ice Sheets? Jehanne 47 3216 April 12, 2019 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Australia - New Prime Minister by the end of Today? fromdownunder 28 1814 August 26, 2018 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  ASAP releases a report on the end of tobacco. The Grand Nudger 14 1612 April 5, 2018 at 1:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  We may not be going into WW3 with Russia over Syria after all. Chad32 39 11613 July 16, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The End Of An Era For Canadian Journalism Amarok 0 575 July 2, 2017 at 2:32 am
Last Post: Amarok
  And They Manage Not To Use The Word "Terrorist" At All! Minimalist 33 6348 February 25, 2017 at 6:15 am
Last Post: abaris
  Not all blacks are bad people! Loading Please Wait 87 11978 January 4, 2017 at 3:14 am
Last Post: dyresand
  When is the industrial hell going to end? WinterHold 30 5429 April 28, 2016 at 5:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Have you ever seen people say Vladimir Putin is a good leader? DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 52 14336 December 5, 2015 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Gormo