Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Christians... I NEED your help
Christians... I NEED your help
Today an envelope arrived at my apartment containing Miracle Spring Water that my girlfriend ordered off the telly a couple of weeks ago. I was really excited until in the four-page letter that accompanied the water t'was mentioned the following:

"This packet contains water from the spring in Southern Russia where the pastors and Christians were led by the Holy Spirit to drink during the horrible Chernobyl nuclear accident. (I warn you, something so anointed and sacred can't be taken lightly)... No one who drank from this spring died from nuclear contamination. No one who followed divine leading and direction suffered illness. NOT ONE BELIEVER SUFFERED HARM. NOT ONE BELIEVER DIED. ALL WERE MIRACULOUSLY SPARED." (Caps in original).

Now I'm kind of scared to open the Miracle Spring Water. Can someone consult the Holy Spirit for me and make sure this water isn't dangerous? (After all, my girlfriend is supposed to put it on her forehead).
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: Christians... I NEED your help
(June 30, 2014 at 1:11 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Today an envelope arrived at my apartment containing Miracle Spring Water that my girlfriend ordered off the telly a couple of weeks ago. I was really excited until in the four-page letter that accompanied the water t'was mentioned the following:

"This packet contains water from the spring in Southern Russia where the pastors and Christians were led by the Holy Spirit to drink during the horrible Chernobyl nuclear accident. (I warn you, something so anointed and sacred can't be taken lightly)... No one who drank from this spring died from nuclear contamination. No one who followed divine leading and direction suffered illness. NOT ONE BELIEVER SUFFERED HARM. NOT ONE BELIEVER DIED. ALL WERE MIRACULOUSLY SPARED." (Caps in original).

Now I'm kind of scared to open the Miracle Spring Water. Can someone consult the Holy Spirit for me and make sure this water isn't dangerous? (After all, my girlfriend is supposed to put it on her forehead).

*Dons his Christian hat* Judging from the location, it's probably the Eastern Orthodox Jesus, which everyone knows is just a heretical fairy tale!
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I'll bet after analysis it will match Peter Popoff's tap water.
You guys just sound jealous that you don't have Miracle Spring Water.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
In the 1920s, radium and radium preparations, including water, were touted as miracle cures for EVERYTHING !!

(IOW, I am sceptical any springs within 200km of Chernobyl are still 'pure')

So, I'd put the water in a bowl outside and see if it kills vermin.
(June 30, 2014 at 1:19 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: In the 1920s, radium and radium preparations, including water, were touted as miracle cures for EVERYTHING !!

(IOW, I am sceptical any springs within 200km of Chernobyl are still 'pure')

So, I'd put the water in a bowl outside and see if it kills vermin.

I told her to put it in her small garden outside. Her sage and sunflower plants would like it I bet.
I've been drinking water from Lake Michigan my whole life and I've never suffered radiation sickness! Maybe I should start selling this stuff through mail order.

Because God knows, if you can survive Lake Michigan water, you can survive anything.
(June 30, 2014 at 1:11 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: NOT ONE BELIEVER SUFFERED HARM. NOT ONE BELIEVER DIED. ALL WERE MIRACULOUSLY SPARED." (Caps in original).
I think..that this is supposed to sound impressive...but how many people does the author of this piece of adcopy think died at chernobyl? More tellingly, how many people does the author reckon -you- think died at chernobyl? Confused Fall
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 30, 2014 at 1:41 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(June 30, 2014 at 1:11 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: NOT ONE BELIEVER SUFFERED HARM. NOT ONE BELIEVER DIED. ALL WERE MIRACULOUSLY SPARED." (Caps in original).
I think..that this is supposed to sound impressive...but how many people does the author of this piece of adcopy think died at chernobyl? More tellingly, how many people does the author reckon -you- think died at chernobyl? Confused Fall

More poignantly, how many genuinely believing Christians died at Chernobyl? The Lord only saved the ones who happened to take a swig form some stream? Seems legit.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 30, 2014 at 1:18 pm)Cato Wrote: I'll bet after analysis it will match Peter Popoff's tap water.

My girl informs me she ordered it through him... You're telling me it's only tap??!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian in need of help (feeling uneasy about God quote)!! MellisaClarke 99 30556 May 29, 2017 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Poll: Christians, is this man a hero or a Grinch in your eyes? Mystical 27 3339 December 19, 2016 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Does god need your help? robvalue 66 8868 May 19, 2016 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Why can't most Christians understand the need for separation of religion and govt? Mystical 30 5308 July 10, 2015 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Question I need major help with my Christian Family coolfunkDJ 145 26204 February 14, 2015 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: emilynghiem
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 10855 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  I need help naming this new religion Escherscurtain 14 2232 March 24, 2014 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Escherscurtain
  Gay Marriage: Why the christians need to STFU about it Creed of Heresy 58 28964 May 26, 2012 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  I Need Your Help jd113421 6 2845 March 24, 2012 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Tempus
  Does the world need religion, even if it doesn't need God? Darwinian 21 9770 January 25, 2012 at 9:31 am
Last Post: J.Wylie