Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction
Introduction
As it seems an introductory post is encouraged I shall attempt one.

Hello. I am a 27 female civil engineering student working as a research assistant studying structural design. I am a returning student, I took a break from school at 19. My original major was archeology and classics.

I have been an atheist since I was 21-ish. It was my studies that led me to my current position. I realized after reading the Latin bible and other religions' texts that there was no appreciable difference. There was no reason to take the bible any differently from other contemporary religious texts. However I still called myself a catholic until around the time I turned 21 I sat down with the nicene creed and went through and asked if I believed any of it.

A side note, I don't own a computer so my posts will mostly be on my phone. So if they're brief understand it takes a while to type on a phone.
RE: Introduction
[Image: welcome_hey.jpg]

Enjoy the forum!
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Welcome.
Hello.
Welcome Enjoy the forum, you are now invited to our next babyqueue. Wink

[Image: Atheism-because-babies-are-tasty.jpg]
(July 7, 2014 at 12:43 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Welcome Enjoy the forum, you are now invited to our next babyqueue. Wink

That sums up what a considerable percentage of Christians and other religious people think of atheists. Just check out this:

[Image: atheism-is-wonderful1.jpg]

And also this:
[Image: Atheism.jpg]
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Welcome!
Hi Welcome
Hola.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(July 7, 2014 at 12:47 pm)Blackout Wrote:
(July 7, 2014 at 12:43 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Welcome Enjoy the forum, you are now invited to our next babyqueue. Wink

That sums up what a considerable percentage of Christians and other religious people think of atheists. Just check out this:

[Image: atheism-is-wonderful1.jpg]

And also this:
[Image: Atheism.jpg]Are you an agnostic? I'm trying to figure out why you would post such mockery of atheists if you weren't a theist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Veni 5 727 July 3, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Introduction Data 9 963 June 19, 2022 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A (re)-introduction bennyboy 10 1947 June 11, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Introduction Disagreeable 15 1362 January 25, 2022 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  atheists - edit to add Introduction ergo 60 3947 November 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Here is My Introduction AtheistQuest 23 2258 August 25, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The End8888 Introduction UniverseCaptain 29 1987 August 12, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1154 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 976 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  introduction Xaventis 29 2898 August 9, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2