Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The cartoon that will supposedly upset you
The cartoon that will supposedly upset you
[Image: Ken-Ham-Castle-Illustration.png]

I posted it here because of the humorous absurdity.

Quote:A furor erupted recently at an Atlanta high school after a science instructor showed an illustration from Christian apologist Ken Ham to her students.

Despite the PowerPoint’s seemingly pro-evolution message, many people were concerned by a single slide in the presentation which depicted evolution in a negative light. According to the high school’s student newspaper, the slide included an illustration of two dueling castles—one labeled “Evolution (Satan)” and the other labeled “Creation (Christ).”

Many people were outraged by the cartoon.

http://christiannews.net/2014/07/04/evol...ic-school/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: The cartoon that will supposedly upset you
Quote:“Although I don’t agree with the cartoon, I also don’t agree with evolution being taught in schools and creationism [being banned],” one commenter argued. “Schools should be allowed to teach both and let the students decide what they want to believe.”

Facepalm

'Murica really needs to stop fucking around with education, too many idiots think creationism should even be given the light of day let alone taught in schools.

Doesn't help when you have muppets showing retarded slide shows with political and religious material in what should be a science class. Pretty sure that's a sackable offence over here.
Oh man, is this really the top comment on that article?

Quote:Funny. Its OK to teach pure "theoretical" nonsense, evolution, but you can't teach creationism. It has been proven time and time again to be nothing but pure junk, but schools teach it as fact everyday. It is helped bring the intelligence of our schools down. Unreal. I praise the science teacher!! Good for her!!

Not sure if trolling or people are actually that fucking retarded.
(July 8, 2014 at 7:00 am)Napoléon Wrote:
Quote:“Although I don’t agree with the cartoon, I also don’t agree with evolution being taught in schools and creationism [being banned],” one commenter argued. “Schools should be allowed to teach both and let the students decide what they want to believe.”

Facepalm

'Murica really needs to stop fucking around with education, too many idiots think creationism should even be given the light of day let alone taught in schools.

Doesn't help when you have muppets showing retarded slide shows with political and religious material in what should be a science class. Pretty sure that's a sackable offence over here.
Oh man, is this really the top comment on that article?

Quote:Funny. Its OK to teach pure "theoretical" nonsense, evolution, but you can't teach creationism. It has been proven time and time again to be nothing but pure junk, but schools teach it as fact everyday. It is helped bring the intelligence of our schools down. Unreal. I praise the science teacher!! Good for her!!

Not sure if trolling or people are actually that fucking retarded.

Yes evolution is totally something you can believe in, kinda like gravity.

ROFLOL
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Man the comments on that article are a fucking graveyard. People are actually using the line "it's just a theory".
(July 8, 2014 at 7:17 am)Napoléon Wrote: Man the comments on that article are a fucking graveyard. People are actually using the line "it's just a theory".

Hey, they gotta start with the babypants bullshit: if they don't get called on it, they don't have to expend too much mental energy on concocting nonsense. They'll get to the derpier shit if someone argues back. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(July 8, 2014 at 6:16 am)Kitanetos Wrote: [Image: Ken-Ham-Castle-Illustration.png]

I posted it here because of the humorous absurdity.

Quote:A furor erupted recently at an Atlanta high school after a science instructor showed an illustration from Christian apologist Ken Ham to her students.

Despite the PowerPoint’s seemingly pro-evolution message, many people were concerned by a single slide in the presentation which depicted evolution in a negative light. According to the high school’s student newspaper, the slide included an illustration of two dueling castles—one labeled “Evolution (Satan)” and the other labeled “Creation (Christ).”

Many people were outraged by the cartoon.

http://christiannews.net/2014/07/04/evol...ic-school/

In relation to the article, pretty soon no one will be able to teach anything in American schools. How stupid to American parents think their kids are? Are they really so insecure as to be afraid of a little humour?

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
(July 8, 2014 at 8:10 am)ManMachine Wrote: pretty soon no one will be able to teach anything in American schools. How stupid to American parents think their kids are?

Facepalm
[Image: 403432d1318562886-unimogs-job-fail_your_...rrived.jpg]

The first thing that I noticed was that even though the christians outnumber the evolutionists three cannon to one, it is the evolutionists that strike a mighty blow to the christian foundation. Where is your savior now!?
(July 8, 2014 at 1:14 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: The first thing that I noticed was that even though the christians outnumber the evolutionists three cannon to one, it is the evolutionists that strike a mighty blow to the christian foundation. Where is your savior now!?

That's only so they can claim persecution.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Atheist Cartoon I made: God vs. Three 6 Mafia thawingfrog 3 718 June 17, 2022 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Lucky there's a cartoon fan who f-ing cries. Brian37 10 828 October 16, 2021 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  A cartoon for CD Foxaèr 0 216 October 19, 2017 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  You're slipping Min: Gary Trudeau's 1999 cartoon on a Trump presidential campaign. Whateverist 1 713 September 14, 2016 at 6:15 am
Last Post: chimp3
  The best Atheist cartoon websites? ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 2 1003 July 25, 2015 at 2:15 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Cartoon: Low-information nation: Minimalist 3 980 November 11, 2014 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: KUSA