Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How Skeptic Are You?
How Skeptic Are You?
Everything? Somethings? A few things, or hardly anything? Do you believe in ghosts, aliens, certain conspiracies, psychics, prophets, demons, angels, mermaids and other weird lost species and cities under water, or Big Foot and the Lochness or the mysterious Bermuda triangle?
RE: How Skeptic Are You?
@Elskidor
-Everything? Somethings? A few things, or hardly anything? Do you believe in ghosts, aliens, certain conspiracies, psychics, prophets, demons, angels, mermaids and other weird lost species and cities under water, or Big Foot and the Lochness or the mysterious Bermuda triangle?
I am skeptic enough to believe that it is very unlikely that the stuff you mentioned actually exists, but I do not ignore the possibility that it may be true if there is no evidence against it.
(July 9, 2014 at 2:14 am)Elskidor Wrote: Everything? Somethings? A few things, or hardly anything? Do you believe in ghosts, aliens, certain conspiracies, psychics, prophets, demons, angels, mermaids and other weird lost species and cities under water, or Big Foot and the Lochness or the mysterious Bermuda triangle?

Well who the fucks believes in the things you mentioned? I don't think you need to be a skeptical to believe in all those things.... I am skeptical but not overly skeptical, it would lead to absurdities
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Who? No one important, maybe a US president or two (or 43), but no biggie, eh?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Until there is credible evidence, justified belief in a claim isn't possible; let alone probable. I love a good story as much as anyone, but keep my fact and fiction separate.
(July 9, 2014 at 5:23 am)Rhythm Wrote: Who? No one important, maybe a US president or two (or 43), but no biggie, eh?

I think I'm better off not knowing certain statistics.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Ghosts definitely exist as subjective experiences produced by brains. My own brain occasionally does this. Am I really tuned into something which exists as objective reality? I haven't come across any convincing evidence so far.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
I don't believe in most of those, although aliens I am most curious about. That's just due to not knowing what else is out there, and I'd like to think there is a lot we don't know about and we aren't alone. Who knows.

I'd like to believe in ghosts but until I see our hear one then meh. It could easily be something wrong with certain people brains that creates these things, or something unseen in areas that create hallucinations. Psychics is another one I've been curious on for years. I've seen plenty of people on TV make claims that sound pretty solid when respectable people also vouch for them, but nothing with my own two eyes.

Deep underwater.... Do we even have anything to go down that far? I have no idea what I think on this, but it'll be interesting when we actually explore the entire ocean floor.
Honestly I have a bit of a gullibility problem, so I don't think I'm too skeptical of many things. I should probably be more skeptical than I am.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I'm so skeptical that if my wife says the sun is shining I'll look out the window to check..... and I'm in fucking Arizona where the sun always shines.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Skeptic-bait #1: "Astral Projection" bambi_swag 63 8487 October 15, 2015 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  1 skeptic reason why there is no creator. Razulxe 2 37 9184 March 1, 2015 at 3:37 am
Last Post: dyresand