Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thai Red Curry recipes or recommendations
Thai Red Curry recipes or recommendations
Anyone have a good Thai red curry recipe?

Or recommendations for which red curry paste brand is best to use?

Or tips on cooking Thai curries?

My friend is trying to recreate a pineapple curry that's made in a local restaurant that we went to (and man alive is that curry goo-oo-oo-ood!!) and she's having a hard time getting the curry flavors right - it either has no flavor or it's so spicy that whatever other flavors are in there are washed out by the heat.

Now she has me thinking about that curry and it's making me want to eat curry!!
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
RE: Thai Red Curry recipes or recommendations
Damn it, now I want to eat curry
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Making shrimp curry tomorrow, but not a red one
(July 9, 2014 at 7:52 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Anyone have a good Thai red curry recipe?

Or recommendations for which red curry paste brand is best to use?

Or tips on cooking Thai curries?

My friend is trying to recreate a pineapple curry that's made in a local restaurant that we went to (and man alive is that curry goo-oo-oo-ood!!) and she's having a hard time getting the curry flavors right - it either has no flavor or it's so spicy that whatever other flavors are in there are washed out by the heat.

Now she has me thinking about that curry and it's making me want to eat curry!!

I can't help you with that, but have you been to that hole in a wall Thai place around 35th and Belmont? It's in the front part of a private residence. Ehrmagehrd, good stuff.

ETA: Kuhn Pic's Bahn Thai is the name of the place. 3429 SE Belmont.
(July 9, 2014 at 8:27 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote: Making shrimp curry tomorrow, but not a red one

Bwahahahaha!!!

(July 9, 2014 at 9:32 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I can't help you with that, but have you been to that hole in a wall Thai place around 35th and Belmont? It's in the front part of a private residence. Ehrmagehrd, good stuff.

ETA: Kuhn Pic's Bahn Thai is the name of the place. 3429 SE Belmont.

When I go back to half days on Fridays I'll have to look into your place; it WAY out of the way for me otherwise.

What I need is a new Chinese place. My favorite place closed. Sad
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
So did mine... Awesome place on Hawthorne. Best crispy eggplant ever.
So. Hungry.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Blast, no headway on the Thai curry front. But I seem to be making a lot of people hungry. Big Grin
Okay, here's the dish on the dish:

my friend and I went back to the restaurant and, while they wouldn't out right give or sell us the recipe, they basically owned up to the fact that they make their red curry basically off the back of this paste (this is the paste they use)

[Image: 6477126083_32006ea6a4_z.jpg]

And to make it pineapple curry they... *cue dramatic music* ADD PINEAPPLE!!

So, to review,
Start with the Mae Ploy red curry paste, following the instructions on the back. Add whatever veggies you want (they put in bell peppers and sweet basil leaves) and pineapple, and serve over Jasmine rice.

There.

Now I just have to find a place to buy the paste so I can make it home made and see how it tastes...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Podcast recommendations please... arewethereyet 1 204 September 1, 2020 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Secret Recipes onlinebiker 19 1546 July 10, 2019 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Very low fat recipes purplepurpose 39 2463 August 21, 2018 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Debunking the myth about Red Shirts Amarok 20 1181 February 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Which is grammatically more right - "red new car" or "new red car" ErGingerbreadMandude 55 6878 January 24, 2018 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  For Red Dwarf fans: uncut versions robvalue 37 2480 December 27, 2016 at 4:52 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Recipes thread Tobie 40 3660 May 30, 2016 at 3:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Information How Rimmer saves Red Dwarf Aractus 0 948 March 16, 2016 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Gas Sation Blessing Haz Tasty Splashing Red Fruit Punch Gatorade Edwardo Piet 16 2452 January 10, 2016 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Television Series Recommendations athrock 16 1947 November 29, 2015 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: pgrimes15