Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian bigots sell out their own moral commandments in order to preach to gays.
Christian bigots sell out their own moral commandments in order to preach to gays.
A christian group called Trinity Works constructed a meticulous deception in order to trick and proseletyse to gay people at the Twin Cities Pride event in Minnesota last month.

It's really fascinating how this hatred of gay people is just all consuming to a certain type of fundie christian bigot, to the point that they'll ignore and break their own commandments in order to fuel it. Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
RE: Christian bigots sell out their own moral commandments in order to preach to gays.
Seems like their ruse might have more than one function.

Any member of the church that appears TOO eager to go to the Gay Pride Parade might have to submit to some reprogramming. Also, the crowds might be photographed and checked later to see if any parishioners were watching. They might have some 'splainin' to do.

Also, they might be checking for politicians in attendance for the preparation of an enemies list.
RE: Christian bigots sell out their own moral commandments in order to preach to gays.
Charming.
(July 11, 2014 at 12:30 am)Esquilax Wrote: A christian group called Trinity Works constructed a meticulous deception in order to trick and proseletyse to gay people at the Twin Cities Pride event in Minnesota last month.

It's really fascinating how this hatred of gay people is just all consuming to a certain type of fundie christian bigot, to the point that they'll ignore and break their own commandments in order to fuel it. Rolleyes

They were just following the example of government moles who infiltrate every other march and protest.
Hating gays is not christian exclusive, it's a human thing you know?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(July 11, 2014 at 5:30 am)Blackout Wrote: Hating gays is not christian exclusive, it's a human thing you know?

You don't usually see people infiltrating gay pride parades under false pretenses for the sake of humanity, however.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(July 11, 2014 at 12:30 am)Esquilax Wrote: A christian group called Trinity Works constructed a meticulous deception in order to trick and proseletyse to gay people at the Twin Cities Pride event in Minnesota last month.

It's really fascinating how this hatred of gay people is just all consuming to a certain type of fundie christian bigot, to the point that they'll ignore and break their own commandments in order to fuel it.

Eh, lying for Christ is a common practice. Apparently this group just takes this principle to heart. I'd bet anything the numbers reported on their "success" from the event are highly inflated.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(July 11, 2014 at 12:30 am)Esquilax Wrote: It's really fascinating how this hatred of gay people is just all consuming to a certain type of fundie christian bigot, to the point that they'll ignore and break their own commandments in order to fuel it. Rolleyes
Where's the hatred of gay people? From your link I got that the Christians wanted to talk politely with people.

I find it interesting that you need to view differing opinions in terms of hatred.
(July 12, 2014 at 7:15 am)alpha male Wrote: Where's the hatred of gay people? From your link I got that the Christians wanted to talk politely with people.

I find it interesting that you need to view differing opinions in terms of hatred.

No, you're perfectly right: nothing hateful at all about the sentiment that an entire class of people deserves to be killed and then tortured forever in hell because of something they can't change. Nothing at all.

Incidentally, given that reports from the scene in that same article describes the people leaving the company of those christians as being "surrounded," by people that left them "shaking, crying and traumatized," I don't think I would characterize the interactions there as polite. Dodgy

(July 12, 2014 at 7:15 am)alpha male Wrote:
(July 11, 2014 at 12:30 am)Esquilax Wrote: It's really fascinating how this hatred of gay people is just all consuming to a certain type of fundie christian bigot, to the point that they'll ignore and break their own commandments in order to fuel it. Rolleyes
Where's the hatred of gay people? From your link I got that the Christians wanted to talk politely with people.

Have to give you that one. From the point of view of the infiltrating xtians, it was all about sacrifice and saving souls. This is why the converse of the golden rule is so important. One should never do unto others that which you would not want done unto your self. And this is where the ability to put oneself into the other person's shoes is so important. The dumb ass level xtian thinks "if I was living in mortal sin, I sure would want someone to steer me straight". But with just a little more empathy that xtian should be able to realize that mutual respect requires more. So the right thinking xtian should think "I sure wouldn't want anyone challenging my life choices and principles. Guess I'll just respect this other person's autonomy."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moral Law LinuxGal 7 544 November 8, 2023 at 8:15 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1007 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 58419 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88895 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Satanic Temple’s Seven Tenets Are Morally Superior To Ten Commandments Smedders 0 514 December 29, 2019 at 6:33 am
Last Post: Smedders
  South Dakota Schools required to have "In God We Trust" on their walls Cecelia 16 1754 July 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 879 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1494 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. downbeatplumb 254 29223 September 20, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pennsylvania Church asks couples to bring in their AR-15's so they can bless the guns Cecelia 63 9875 March 17, 2018 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama