Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware of using other bank's ATM's!!
Thumbs Down 
Beware of using other bank's ATM's!!
The other day I used Huntington's Bank ATM to withdraw money. This is not my bank.

Got home and couldn't find my card. Suddenly, I thought "Oh no, I think I left it in the atm". So I called them right away. The man was very nice, asked for my name, then put me on hold. In less than a minute, he returned saying "Well I have some good news, and some bad news". I thought that was odd. Then he said "the good news is you did leave it in the machine, the bad news is our atm destroys any card that is not Huntington's."

I was floored. Still am. I did some checking on this, and sure enough it has happened to a lot of people. I'm not sure how this is even legal? Shouldn't there at least be a sign by the machine warning people ahead of time? Now I have to wait up to 10 days to get a new card.

Seriously?? I am beyond livid right now. Angry
[Image: graphics-rain-426733.gif]
RE: Beware of using other bank's ATM's!!
Ten days, for real? My bank I walk in and I get a new one right away
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
You keep cash at home right?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 15, 2014 at 7:59 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Ten days, for real? My bank I walk in and I get a new one right away
Mine too. But mine is a Credit Union. It takes less than 5 minutes to get a new card at any branch Smile
Well good for you guys. Mine was a child support card, and I have to wait.
[Image: graphics-rain-426733.gif]
(July 15, 2014 at 8:10 pm)ShaMan Wrote:
(July 15, 2014 at 7:59 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Ten days, for real? My bank I walk in and I get a new one right away
Mine too. But mine is a Credit Union. It takes less than 5 minutes to get a new card at any branch Smile

In fact I've never heard of a bank making anyone wait. Must be a American bank thing
Signifying nothing.

I bank at a national (international?) bank and when fraud was reported on my card it took two weeks (10 business days) to get a new card.

The really sucky part is that I had the numbers on my previous card memorized and the new one isn't as sing-songy as the last one. Sad

(July 15, 2014 at 8:15 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(July 15, 2014 at 8:10 pm)ShaMan Wrote: Mine too. But mine is a Credit Union. It takes less than 5 minutes to get a new card at any branch Smile

In fact I've never heard of a bank making anyone wait. Must be a American bank thing

Or a national/international bank thing. I couldn't tell you what my credit union would do since the account I have with them is very limited; I can't even get an ATM card for it, I HAVE to go inside and give them my account number to get cash. It sucks. Then again, I use that account as my pet insurance account so it's not like I get cash from them every week, more like twice a year. Maybe.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(July 16, 2014 at 10:40 am)Clueless Morgan Wrote:

I bank at a national (international?) bank and when fraud was reported on my card it took two weeks (10 business days) to get a new card.

The really sucky part is that I had the numbers on my previous card memorized and the new one isn't as sing-songy as the last one. Sad

(July 15, 2014 at 8:15 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: In fact I've never heard of a bank making anyone wait. Must be a American bank thing

Or a national/international bank thing. I couldn't tell you what my credit union would do since the account I have with them is very limited; I can't even get an ATM card for it, I HAVE to go inside and give them my account number to get cash. It sucks. Then again, I use that account as my pet insurance account so it's not like I get cash from them every week, more like twice a year. Maybe.
Well the bank.I'm.with is national where I live(its cibc). I can understand 10 days for the investigation, but for a new card
Signifying nothing.
Well I'm glad I haven't been in a situation like that, usually if I need to withdraw money which is rarely, I would just use the college ATM which I haven't had any problems.
I never use ATMs unless I don't have a choice. I go to a store.

Most frequently, there's a Kroger around the corner I go to when I need cash. It's perfect because there are no ATM fees (I have to make a purchase to get the cash, but I can make it less than an ATM fee, and I actually get something for the money I'm spending). Also, I can get cash back in any exact amount I want instead of that stupid "multiples of $20" crap ATMs force on you. I can get four cents back on debit if I want. And, my card never leaves my hand, so the OP's problem never factors.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 800 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  One of these things is not like the other ones Angrboda 1 398 December 6, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Don't Bank On It. Brian37 18 737 March 30, 2021 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Fun phrases from other countries/cultures. Gawdzilla Sama 3 331 August 3, 2020 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Bannings, Reports, and Other Actions? no one 21 2861 June 11, 2020 at 7:27 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Other forums you belong to... arewethereyet 9 838 June 8, 2020 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Other forums just aren't the same Violet 18 1405 May 3, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Interlocutor and other ugly words. Succubus 0 207 March 29, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  When Morons Find Each Other Minimalist 7 1046 November 30, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Any other guys experience this? Foxaèr 61 8490 April 16, 2018 at 11:01 am