Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus camp documentary. First viewing.
Jesus camp documentary. First viewing.
I realise the film is old and likely discussed to death but I only just got round to watching it - the first 30mins anyway.
I felt a bit nauseous and had to have a break before watching the rest. I've never felt so much pity as I did watching those kids have their lives ruined by adults that should know better. The most staggering example of child abuse I will ever see.
I would like to hear anyone try and tell me this type of brain washing is a good thing.
Think I'm going to have a couple of whiskeys before watching the rest. Sick.
RE: Jesus camp documentary. First viewing.
That documentary left me really down. I felt so sorry for all those kids.
(July 19, 2014 at 3:34 pm)TubbyTubby Wrote: The most staggering example of child abuse I will ever see.

While I would never defend the Jesus camp, there are places in the world where children are used as soldiers and forced to kill, forced into prostitution, forced to watch their family die. Also Jesus camp would be pretty mild indoctrination if you put it in the Muslim world. I know that most people on these forums live in the comfy western world, but most people in the world doesn't. So while once again I would never defend the Jesus camp as having any positive elements to it, lets keep it in perspective.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I've watched it several times. I don't know why I keep torturing myself with it. It makes me really sad.

One of the kids posted on the IMDB message board, and seems to have turned out ok, although his abuse was quite apparent. Two of the other kids are as fundy as ever:

Rachel and Levi.

Here's a fairly recent video with Levi too:

Also in the video, you can see one little girl with her hands up in the air; she squeezes tears out, and then looks directly at the camera. It's an interesting clip because it shows that even young kids understand that, as a Christian, appearances matter.
Religion is child abuse.
Re: RE: Jesus camp documentary. First viewing.
(July 19, 2014 at 3:51 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: lets keep it in perspective.

Perhaps I was over dramatic, the film brings strong emotions out in people I suppose.
Just watched a bit more and you can't see how any kid there stood a chance to live a normal life after that. Just listened to the fat bitch speaking in tongues - she is ridiculous (and dangerous).
(July 19, 2014 at 3:34 pm)TubbyTubby Wrote: I realise the film is old and likely discussed to death but I only just got round to watching it - the first 30mins anyway.
I felt a bit nauseous and had to have a break before watching the rest. I've never felt so much pity as I did watching those kids have their lives ruined by adults that should know better. The most staggering example of child abuse I will ever see.
I would like to hear anyone try and tell me this type of brain washing is a good thing.
Think I'm going to have a couple of whiskeys before watching the rest. Sick.

I really hate to be "That guy," but I've seen far worse. To name just one example: Hyles-Anderson College.
Here's a few things to point out:
  • This has some of the most extreme variations of Christianity I have ever seen short of those "churches" who believe that only the people in their immediate family or monkeysphere are among the saved.
  • Odds are, if there's an alumnus who's done anything of note, dollars to donuts, that "anything of note" will involve molesting underaged girls. Check out this site which contains just a few of them. Highlights include a grade school principal who decided to re-enact the plot to Lolita with one of his fifth-grade student; the pastor's own son, who may or may not have killed his own baby; ; and the case of Esther Combs, which must be read to be believed. Not included: internet infamous nutjob David J. Stewart, famous for his Pedal Steel Guitar playing, ranting on his website jesusisavior.com about how all of modern culture (even shows like I Love Lucy and Hee-Haw) is a sign mankind is going down the crapper, and raping a teenaged girl; and their former pastor/college dean Jack Schapp, who told an underaged girl God wanted him to have sex with her.
  • The College and the church it's affiliated with are a 90-minute drive from my house.

Still think Jesus Camp is as bad as it gets? At least we don't see Becky Fisher beating or molesting the kids in her care.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Saw it last week and hated it. Terrible terrible and more terrible.
It is in my movie case, watched it twice in like 2006. I get too angry.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I cried from watching like a trailer of it. I don't think I'll ever desire depression badly enough to actually watch the documentary.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 4006 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why is Jesus in third place when he deserves first? Greatest I am 25 4584 September 22, 2020 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Jesus Hated First Peoples chimp3 28 4535 May 9, 2018 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7201 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  In order for Jesus to change your soul first he has to break your spirit. Zidneya 6 2316 August 1, 2014 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  If you thought 'Jesus Camp' was bad...... Rob_W75 5 1456 July 28, 2014 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: pablo628
  "God the Father" documentary Foxaèr 6 1951 May 15, 2014 at 1:03 pm
Video New Documentary aosfilms 7 1129 February 24, 2014 at 6:17 am
Last Post: Alex K
  This one time at church camp Belac Enrobso 5 1421 January 13, 2014 at 6:32 am
Last Post: là bạn điên
  First there was Cheesus crust, then there was Cheetos Jesus, now theres.... libalchris 2 2566 July 2, 2012 at 12:57 am