Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Do You Know About Religion
How Much Do You Know About Religion
One of the most irritating suggestions made to by Christians asking why I don't believe in god, is that if only I'm read further I'd come to see that they were right.

This 32 Question quiz by the Pew Research Foundation amuses me because the results show that on average American atheists know more about religion, including Christianity than most Christians.

[Image: 28religion-articleInline.jpg]New York Times

There are a few questions about Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc. but most of the 32 questions are about Christianity. Mostly, they aren't hard questions either though there were a couple tricky Jewish questions. I scored 100% though I guessed once between two possible answers.

You can take the quiz here: 32 Questions About Religion
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
RE: How Much Do You Know About Religion
They need to up their game on those questions.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yep they're pretty easy. But look at the scores.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
If the Christers knew more about Scripture, they would feel worse for then knowingly avoiding even more strictures, edicts, commandments, rules, laws, requirements, and decrees.

OMG! I'm supposed to handle SERPENTS TOO !?!?!?!?!?!?
I know plenty. Enough to know I want no part of it anymore! Big Grin
I only got 84% I don't know whether I should be pissed at myself for not getting more right or pissed at myself for knowing too much pointless information.
(July 19, 2014 at 7:11 pm)Rhythm Wrote: They need to up their game on those questions.

You'd be surprised by the amount of theists who couldn't answer half those questions correctly.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(July 19, 2014 at 7:35 pm)Napoléon Wrote: I only got 84% I don't know whether I should be pissed at myself for not getting more right or pissed at myself for knowing too much pointless information.

But you did so much better than the average evangelical. . . .
I got one wrong. meh.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 19, 2014 at 7:36 pm)Blackout Wrote:
(July 19, 2014 at 7:11 pm)Rhythm Wrote: They need to up their game on those questions.

You'd be surprised by the amount of theists who couldn't answer half those questions correctly.

No, we wouldn't.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The witness argument (yet again, I know, I know) Mystic 81 11224 August 19, 2018 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Brian37
  How you know religion has done its job in brainwashing you: Foxaèr 19 2751 August 9, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10866 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Did you know the movies God's Not Dead 1 and 2 did well at Box Office? Renug 12 4455 May 30, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  You know what this means... Minimalist 12 2353 April 3, 2016 at 12:55 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10717 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4905 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19815 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Theists Could Learn Much From Booker Minimalist 1 1598 August 13, 2015 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  But don't you know? Foxaèr 48 9372 April 19, 2015 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: robvalue