Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
christian logic vs atheist logic
christian logic vs atheist logic
A atheist finds 100 bucks on a bathroom floor.
He picks it up and keeps it but thinks about who lost it and feels bad for them and wishes that he could give it back to them some how..

A christian finds 100 bucks on a bathroom floor.
He picks it up and keeps it.
Then thinks
"Oh praise jebus i found 100 bucks the lord is so good to me, some sinner lost money and jebus gave it to me, The lord punishes the sinful and gives to the faithful"

Thats right Jebus is some super powered robin hood..
Robbing the sinners to give to the sants.
RE: christian logic vs atheist logic
Mighty broad brushes you're using there.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
you can't categorise people into religious and non religious for the simple matter that our morals are independent of both.
You've got good people and bad people, their outlook on religion is inconsequencial.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
What you have here is a gross over simplification.

I don't think what most people do when they find $100 is to pocket it. A large percentage of people look for the owner if it looks at all possible to identity them. I just recently had confirmation of that. I left my purse in the front basket of the grocery cart and drove off without it. There was almost a $100.00 in it not to mention credit cards, etc. Returning panicked a half hour later I found it at customer service.

I do know Christians that attribute everything "lucky" that happens to them to god. I may know some that attribute winning as not only being in favor with god, but that other loser being sinful. But they're few and far between. I also know some atheists who behave as is "karma" was a law of the universe in a way that sounds just like the Christian and his miracle.

People do some pretty foul things in the name of religion. But not most people.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I left my purse on the top of my car once after cashing an income tax return of nearly $7,000
No idea the religious affiliation if the man who showed up at my house the next day with my purse that still had everything in it, but I did appreciate it Smile
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(July 20, 2014 at 4:45 am)atheist04330 Wrote: A atheist finds 100 bucks on a bathroom floor.
He picks it up and keeps it but thinks about who lost it and feels bad for them and wishes that he could give it back to them some how..

Then thinks
"Oh praise jebus i found 100 bucks the lord is so good to me, some sinner lost money and jebus gave it to me, The lord punishes the sinful and gives to the faithful"

Thats right Jebus is some super powered robin hood..
Robbing the sinners to give to the sants.
A atheist finds 100 bucks on a bathroom floor.

Notice how they both exhibited the same behavior? We can only judge the behavior. For one to imagine that they know the motivations of another is the fastest way to fallacy.
Losty sees $100 on the bathroom floor, and coats her hands in germ X at the mere thought of touching it...
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
This is an easy one... Christians, or any believer in god for that matter, doesnt trust logic and tries to avoid it at all cost. Its not logical that there is some supervisor in the sky that somehow is involved and attentive to all thoughts and behaviors of all people everywhere at all times, yet is COMPLETELY random in all things as if there, in fact, there was no god.
(July 20, 2014 at 12:39 pm)ShaMan Wrote: A atheist finds 100 bucks on a bathroom floor.
<insert>Develops a story about it consistent with his worldview.

<insert>Develops a story about it consistent with his worldview.

Notice how they both exhibited the same behavior? We can only judge the behavior. For one to imagine that they know the motivations of another is the fastest way to fallacy.

The parallels don't end at the surface acts. (changes to quotation.)
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Has anyone called poe yet on this guy? If not, I call it!
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When logic fails, falsely play victim. Brian37 9 1051 January 31, 2021 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88427 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Christian Logic brewer 22 3775 June 13, 2018 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Christian Logic Incognito 8 1233 June 11, 2016 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I don't get God's logic at all ErGingerbreadMandude 7 1930 June 2, 2016 at 4:30 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New Ager to Christian to Atheist Davka 39 6511 January 16, 2015 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7404 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  christian logic is dangerous atheist04330 16 2689 July 15, 2014 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Christian Logic Vegamo 39 6689 April 19, 2014 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Confused Ape
  The Christian Logic! Yahweh 8 2632 November 8, 2013 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Faith No More