Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to annoy a theist
Best way to annoy a theist
Throw out your best arguments and critics that infuriate theists/religious people the most, and be vocal about it, no self-restraint
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: Best way to annoy a theist
Telling them they drank bitch kool aid comes to mind Thinking
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Ask 'em what the 'T' around their neck is for.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I try not to infuriate anybody.
I don't want to risk repercussions!

Usually, in real life, I tell them what they want to hear.
They're no threat to me, never have been.
Then again, I'm not exposed to the crazies on a daily basis like many here are.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
There's one I want to try that I heard..

"Jesus died on the cross for your sins, you know."

"WHAT!? Aw man, I was reading that book.."
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

Ok I just came up with a really simplistic one that will annoy every theist on earth - God doesn't exist ya know? Wink Shades
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(July 20, 2014 at 9:11 pm)GalacticBusDriver Wrote: Ask 'em what the 'T' around their neck is for.

(July 20, 2014 at 9:28 pm)Blackout Wrote: Ok I just came up with a really simplistic one that will annoy every theist on earth - God doesn't exist ya know? Wink Shades

I think that's the mother of all annoyances to a theist.

Ooh I have another one for the dinner table (I really am quite good at this game)!

Thank you baby Jesus, for this food..

Or

Good food, good meet. Good god, lets eat!

He he, does baby Jesus come in "hot n spicy"?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 20, 2014 at 9:41 pm)ignoramus Wrote: He he, does baby Jesus come in "hot n spicy"?

Oh no. Strictly kosher. Cool Shades

When they bring up religion, I tell them "I'm faithless". They confuse the two connotations of "faith" (one is credence without evidence, the other is fidelity), and they will trip out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 709 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Theist with Questions RBP3280 57 2583 April 1, 2022 at 6:14 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Dating / Married To Theist wolf39us 23 2793 April 8, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  You're a theist against immigration? Foxaèr 54 9127 July 9, 2018 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A serious question for the theist. Foxaèr 18 2980 May 9, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Stupid theist tricks........ Brian37 6 1852 April 29, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3594 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 22138 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Theist Posters: Why do you believe your God exists? SuperSentient 65 14325 March 15, 2017 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  [1 second conversion] Convert theist to atheist, in 1 second ProgrammingGodJordan 252 23000 February 17, 2017 at 1:10 am
Last Post: maestroanth