Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Accidental Time Machine (SPOILER THREAD)
The Accidental Time Machine (SPOILER THREAD)
In 2252 the north east from new hampshire to way past massachusetts becomes a theocratic society, here had been an event billed as the Second Coming of Jesus, followed by a nuclear civil war between those who believed its veracity and those who doubted it, and with the former group taking power in the eastern part of the US. History has essentially been erased and restarted. The locals refer to the year as 71.

But it turns out that the jesus who returned is a hologram in a church made to seem real by no one being able to get near him by use of a pressure field and using the same pressure field "jesus" can move things and hit people in the room.

The center of this theocratic society is the campus of Massachusetts Institute of Technology but it becomes Massachusetts Institute of Theosophy...

Very creepy....
RE: The Accidental Time Machine (SPOILER THREAD)
I don't understand
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
[Image: 2zjb2it.jpg]
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(July 21, 2014 at 4:31 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: [Image: 2zjb2it.jpg]

Neo! Where are you? Quick!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
'The Accidental Time Machine' is a novel by Joe Haldeman. It sucks.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 21, 2014 at 5:06 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'The Accidental Time Machine' is a novel by Joe Haldeman. It sucks.

Boru

Oh ok. That makes more sense then. I was just wondering what was even going on.

0/10

(July 21, 2014 at 7:02 am)Losty Wrote:
(July 21, 2014 at 5:06 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'The Accidental Time Machine' is a novel by Joe Haldeman. It sucks.

Boru

Oh ok. That makes more sense then. I was just wondering what was even going on.

I was SO worried that atheist04330 had actually accidentally built a time machine and that this was the future.

[Image: thewholething.jpg]
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
Me too. I was just about to run out and grab the first person I found and shout "quick! What year is it!?!?"

0/10

(July 21, 2014 at 12:27 pm)Losty Wrote: Me too. I was just about to run out and grab the first person I found and shout "quick! What year is it!?!?"

If you had grabbed me I probably would have lost my mind and said, "I AM NOT AN ANIMAL! I am however possibly a rock. I can't be sure."
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
I am the walrus.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time Arsoo 103 27860 November 9, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The universe is just one enormous 'Soul Filtering machine' Simon Moon 76 13268 September 29, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  What time is it?? What if Time!!! Drich 94 10830 March 11, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  It time for another What if... Thread! Drich 74 9375 October 26, 2014 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Bad Wolf
  Did Bethlehem in Judea exist at the time of Jesus and at the time of David Ziploc Surprise 0 2049 January 1, 2013 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  The Insanity Machine (and the Notion of God) MultipleTentacles 33 11213 November 23, 2012 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut