Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of events, lots of thoughts spent.
Lots of events, lots of thoughts spent.
Whew, what a kick ass past two months. Meaning, pretentiously, I've been kicking some ass...or letting my ass get handed to me. Anyways, I'm still kicking. Thank you again for those friends and family who make it a priority to keep in touch with me and deliver the much needed support. Good news is that I got my appendix taken out (take that you dumb, mysterious organ), diabetes is under control, and I only have four more weeks of my program left and I've now been off of alcohol for two weeks and smoking tobacco products for one week now. So for being in the hospital 4 times in a time frame of 5 weeks, it has inspired positive progression.

Alongside that note, I am always amazed by people. No matter how low you go, there is always someone who has had it or is having it worse. From Kaiser Hospital to Sharp Mesa Mesa Vista there are amazing people everywhere, all with a great story to tell. From National City, to San Diego, to Anza, to El Cajon...there are amazing people everywhere. It's amazing to know that there are people with no invested interest in myself and who have never met me but are still willing to give that extra word of advice or encouragement.

It is even more amazing that people who are paid to do that (medical and mental health professionals) actually care about there job and do a good job. Psychologists are amazing, I have no idea how they put 8 hours into the most (in my opinion) intimate work that one can do for the human race (next to teachers). Public servants amaze me. Psychologists and medical doctors amaze me. Teachers and police officers amaze me. It is my proposal that though there are assholes everywhere, there are genuinely charitable people to out number them. And while reflecting back on the very minimal education in history that I have received, the world is, in fact, changing for the better. Humans are an amazing species, one with much inherent good. Contrary to popular opinion in the US regarding some form of "rapture" or "end of the world"...I sorely doubt that will ever conspire, and if so, only due to entropy, and not some form of "human evil." I've met enough people in my life and within the past 5 weeks to know that there are still people, many of them, fighting for a better world. The world is imperfect, people are stupid, but I am so glad to have the very rare chance of living in it as a human. That is an extremely rare and beneficial circumstance.

Five very favorite and sentimental quotes given from people close to me and not so close come to mind and I figure it would be nice to share them:
1) Love is not something you say, it's something you do.
2) Life is not a dress rehearsal.
3) Life is not black and white, most of it is grey, in fact, too much of it is grey. 95% of life just happens, you don't have a choice, but you deal with it. And the 5% percent, well that's the only chance you get to make the choices you want. If a person had a scope on you from a mile away, you have no choice as to whether you will live. But every day you wake up, you do. Go with the blows, and follow with punches.
4) Humans have an amazing ability to persevere, it's instinctual. Even in the face of great uncertainty but certain death, humans find a reason to live on. It's your job to find that reason.
5) It's time to stop being a victim to your imperfections, but instead sublimate them, even if it means you live a life of misery. You sublimate them so that someone else will be inspired to live on.
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."
RE: Lots of events, lots of thoughts spent.
Well said and good for you...
PS, did any official religious person do the rounds to say Hi as a human being without trying to sell you anything?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
There is a pearl there in Quantum's many thoughts and experiences. Its not hard to see, if you choose to see it. It is that there is a pure 'magic' to living a life without the shackles of god and religion. God is not needed for hope and meaning and purpose. The mind blowing reality that we are just evolved creatures occupying a small slice of time in a very large, old and hostile universe.
Again, well said Mr Neuman.
You're not "mad" like I suspected...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Thoughts Foxaèr 10769 200844 12 minutes ago
Last Post: Ahriman
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 1947 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 1823 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2057 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2074 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5138 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 1836 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1072 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1117 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 796 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47