Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 8:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pat Robertson says Haitians made a pact with the Devil
Pat Robertson says Haitians made a pact with the Devil
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/13...22099.html

It's par for the course. A natural disaster happens and a crazy religious loon says it's God showing his wrath for the homosexuals or the turning from God. I didn't expect, however, that this time it would be "Pact with the devil for getting freedom from France." What?

As typical as this type of statement from this crazy man is, doesn't make it any less despicable.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Pat Robertson says Haitians made a pact with the Devil
Now we wait for Fred Phelps.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Why am I not surprised? E you know what is funny about this? Just this morning I had a random thought as I watched the news on the earthquake in Haiti. I thought that right about now all of the religious fanatics must be rejoicing and praising god for finally punishing Haiti. When I was in church every time some natural disaster hit a major area they would claim that it was god punishing them. When New Orleans was hit with that major hurricane a few years back they said it was because they practiced voodoo and witchcraft. I bet they are all saying the same thing about Haiti right about now.

This just goes to show the hypocrisy of the Christian church, for an institution who claims to be ambassadors of Christ my question is where is the compassion for human suffering?
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

About time someone posted this. I was just thinking this morning how this has slipped past the folks here. I expected it to be posted the minute Fat Robertson flapped his chins.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
The Pat Robertson individual was refering to a vudu ritual that some Haitians engaged in (in the 18th century) to try to get rid of the French occupation. They did use 'witchcraft' to try to free themselves, but of course (unless you are a derantous televangelist) that is just bullshit and means nothing. Pat Robertson was saying that after the devel freed the Haitians he made the problems for them, not god who is "above revengful acts".
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

Can somebody tell me who is actually allowing this guy to speak on national TV ? What's so special about the guy that gives him that much attention in the US ? Because honestly if they'd replaced him by some random psychotic paranoid uneducated nut Panic I wouldn't see the difference... Confused
[Image: pPQu8.png]
(January 14, 2010 at 11:43 am)AtheistPhil Wrote: Can somebody tell me who is actually allowing this guy to speak on national TV ? What's so special about the guy that gives him that much attention in the US ? Because honestly if they'd replaced him by some random psychotic paranoid uneducated nut Panic I wouldn't see the difference... Confused

Pat Robertson is HUGE in the US! And one of the big Christian right-wingers who get to bully the next Republican Presidential candidate into making sure they denounce abortion and stuff. He has funded a number of large business enterprises from conning people into sending money to his "church".

I am sure that when he dies I will take great joy from the Fox News reporter staring aghast at Christopher Hitchens as he tells the viewers what a nasty piece of work this man was.
Yes, if they thought Hitchens' view on Fallwell was strident, wait until Robertson kicks the bucket.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Christopher's best quote I think is perhaps this one:

"If you gave Falwell an enema he could be burried in a matchbox."
On the flipside of the coin, Haiti has a very large number of Christians, and a lot of them actually thought Jesus was coming back at that moment. Apparently many were praying in the streets.

This whole thing is just awful, and to have Pat Robertson blaming the impoverished earthquake victims from his cushy American homeland is just... infuriating.
- Meatball

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have made a new YouTube video about anarchism... FlatAssembler 18 1153 July 30, 2022 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 322 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  I've Made a Video about Anarchism FlatAssembler 43 3160 October 24, 2019 at 7:46 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Trump supporters made a very interesting video brewer 19 1410 October 15, 2019 at 7:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Republican advisor made a woman a sex slave Rev. Rye 67 7902 April 12, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  AP says 90% of Workers get Tax Cut Neo-Scholastic 64 5209 February 4, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Senator Feinstein Says "Fuck The GOP." Minimalist 10 2118 January 11, 2018 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  George Carlin - The Only Prophet Who Made Accurate Predictions Minimalist 14 2006 December 24, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 70831 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Scotland could leave the UK, and join Canada instead, says author Isis 21 7269 April 8, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: brewer