Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Eschatology
Christian Eschatology
Eschatology is the study of the future. I didn't know what it meant either until I joined a Christian website.
My purpose for writing this is NOT to try to convert you. I would NEVER insult you on your website. My ONLY intention is to get you to read this. If you do that, my hope is that you will remember some of this, if the time ever came.
The last book in the Bible, titled "The Book of Revelation" in Protestant Bibles and "The Apocalypse" in Catholic Bibles, is believed by most Christians to pertain to the future, taught by Protestants.
I was raised as a Catholic, and they never taught about the future. When I started reading this last book, I wasn't hindered by the stuff that Protestants learned. I came up with my own conclusions to what it all meant. This last book is filled with a lot of symbolism. I TRIED to get rid of this symbolism and put it into modern terms.
Simply put, Revelation is about the rise of a dictator, his religious accomplice, and what I believe to be the author's 1st Century attempt to describe WWIII.
This dictator is known in the Christian world as "the antichrist", "the beast", "666", and a few other names. He is supposed to have the ability to solve the world's problems. He will be able to make peace treaties where everyone else fails at - the Middle East, Ukraine, the Koreas, and everywhere else. He will bring about a moneyless economy on a worldwide basis. In today's technology, a computer chip will be placed under the skin. When a person runs their arm under a scanner, the amount will be deducted from a person's bank account. In 10, 20, 50 years, this technology might be different. People who refuse to utilize this technology, will become outcasts - terrorists.

If these events happen, believe it or not, atheists might have a better chance of noticing it than many Christians will. Many of them have been taught that when this antichrist arrives that they will be magically whisked away in what is known as the Pre-Trib(ulation) Rapture. You may have heard of this doctrine. Many Protestants believe it but it will not happen.

I could go on but this opening post is too long already.
If you have read this thread, then I have accomplished my goal. I'm not even going to ask you to believe anything that I have written. What I am hoping for is that IF these events happen that you will remember that you heard this somewhere and you will be suspicious of this "superman" who can get things done that no one else can.

Thank You for reading this.

BTW - If or when WWIII happens, it will be the near annihilation of the human race.
RE: Christian Eschatology
Quote:Eschatology is the study of the future. I didn't know what it meant either until I joined a Christian website.

Try a different website: Eschatology is NOT the study of the future. It is the 'study' of the end of the world.

Christian eschatology is no different from any other mythological maundering. It is meaningless. Utterly.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 24, 2014 at 7:29 pm)John S Wrote: BTW - If or when WWIII happens, it will be the near annihilation of the human race.

From what the babble says, much of the annihilation will be at the hand of Jesus himself.

Lovey dovey hippy my ass!
(July 24, 2014 at 7:29 pm)John S Wrote: Eschatology is the study of the future. I didn't know what it meant either until I joined a Christian website.
My purpose for writing this is NOT to try to convert you. I would NEVER insult you on your website. My ONLY intention is to get you to read this. If you do that, my hope is that you will remember some of this, if the time ever came.
The last book in the Bible, titled "The Book of Revelation" in Protestant Bibles and "The Apocalypse" in Catholic Bibles, is believed by most Christians to pertain to the future, taught by Protestants.
I was raised as a Catholic, and they never taught about the future. When I started reading this last book, I wasn't hindered by the stuff that Protestants learned. I came up with my own conclusions to what it all meant. This last book is filled with a lot of symbolism. I TRIED to get rid of this symbolism and put it into modern terms.
Simply put, Revelation is about the rise of a dictator, his religious accomplice, and what I believe to be the author's 1st Century attempt to describe WWIII.
This dictator is known in the Christian world as "the antichrist", "the beast", "666", and a few other names. He is supposed to have the ability to solve the world's problems. He will be able to make peace treaties where everyone else fails at - the Middle East, Ukraine, the Koreas, and everywhere else. He will bring about a moneyless economy on a worldwide basis. In today's technology, a computer chip will be placed under the skin. When a person runs their arm under a scanner, the amount will be deducted from a person's bank account. In 10, 20, 50 years, this technology might be different. People who refuse to utilize this technology, will become outcasts - terrorists.

If these events happen, believe it or not, atheists might have a better chance of noticing it than many Christians will. Many of them have been taught that when this antichrist arrives that they will be magically whisked away in what is known as the Pre-Trib(ulation) Rapture. You may have heard of this doctrine. Many Protestants believe it but it will not happen.

I could go on but this opening post is too long already.
If you have read this thread, then I have accomplished my goal. I'm not even going to ask you to believe anything that I have written. What I am hoping for is that IF these events happen that you will remember that you heard this somewhere and you will be suspicious of this "superman" who can get things done that no one else can.

Thank You for reading this.

BTW - If or when WWIII happens, it will be the near annihilation of the human race.
I'm sorry but the book of Revelations is just so much babble. It's amazing just how often Christians have thought the end is nigh. Eventually, it will be nigh. It's a prediction that must come true eventually.

However, your interpretation of the coming signs is about as useless as everyone else's. Having read about twenty theories over the years it's hard to keep them straight.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(July 24, 2014 at 8:04 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Having read about twenty theories over the years it's hard to keep them straight.

Except that they're all exactly the same save the character and place names. Dodgy

First it was social security cards. Later it was debit cards. Now it's RFID implants. "The Mark of the Beast" comes in so many different flavors...

Ugh.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(July 24, 2014 at 8:13 pm)GalacticBusDriver Wrote:
(July 24, 2014 at 8:04 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Having read about twenty theories over the years it's hard to keep them straight.

Except that they're all exactly the same save the character and place names. Dodgy

First it was social security cards. Later it was debit cards. Now it's RFID implants. "The Mark of the Beast" comes in so many different flavors...

Ugh.

You forgot all the ends predicted in the last 2000 years or so. Tongue
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I would like to thank everyone who read my opening post. That is all that I asked for.
(July 25, 2014 at 9:28 am)John S Wrote: I would like to thank everyone who read my opening post. That is all that I asked for.

Don't wanna have a discussion?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(July 24, 2014 at 8:13 pm)GalacticBusDriver Wrote:

Ugh.

I remember when barcodes were the mark of the beast and we were all going to have them tattooed on us too.
People that believe this end times bullshit are even more mental than John of Patmos; collective gullible paranoid delusion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88809 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7404 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6322 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej