Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:19 pm

Poll: What should happen to the EU?
This poll is closed.
Federalism, the United States of Europe sounds nice
0%
0 0%
Keeping it as it is, with a balance between the EU's powers and the sovereignty of member States
66.67%
6 66.67%
Abolishing it completely, the EU sucks and enslaves weaker nations
33.33%
3 33.33%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the European Union end?
Should the European Union end?
The question is pretty clear:

Should the EU end? And why/why not?

What's the best option? - Complete federalism, keeping the EU as it is with it's current characteristics or abolishing it completely?

This poll is aimed at Europeans but Americans are free to answer as long as you know enough of the EU's composition, powers and current affairs

I'm a euro skeptical so I'll go with 'yes'.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: Should the European Union end?
Whichever option has the least amount of negative impact upon me. Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
They are a union, maybe they could just go on strike. DisappointedJokeOhhh the drama!It Wasn't Me!LogicSpeak English!Lies
     I've recently grown rudimentary legs and am now making the move from water to land.
The idea of free trade and free movement of people between the EU countries sounds like a very good thing, just poorly executed. The EU looks both undemocratic and bureaucratic to me. So if the U.S. were part of it, I'd want us out of it. But it's really none of my business. You all will have to make up your own minds.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Yeah, I'm kind of glad there's no "Naftabucks" to be traded. But, I've never been to Europe, so I can't say it affects me.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I picked keep it as it is only because it is the lesser of 3 evils.
If we make it the USE, ,some cultures may dilute into others.
If we dismantle the EU, many countries will become 3rd world.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Why the fuck does a European get carte blanche and I, as an American, have to justify my opinion based on a superficial understanding of the EU's composition? I despise the idea of American exceptionalism; however, I will not be satisfied with a seat at the kid's table. I get it. You hate everything U.S. until you need the bulldog to clean up your mess.

The world hates us so much that they will tell us so while wearing blue jeans and eating our exported fast food. There's not a self described democracy on the face of the plantet that doesn't ultimately rely on the U.S. for protection. It must suck balls to call a group of people a bunch of dumb cunts that you rely on for security.

If it's any consolation, it sucks worse to constantly protect those that wrongly assume you're a dumb cunt. I say it's high time that we pull back and let others protect themselves. Should be easy now that all the heavy lifting is done.
(July 26, 2014 at 12:22 am)Cato Wrote: I say it's high time that we pull back and let others protect themselves. Should be easy now that all the heavy lifting is done.

Aren't you excited? Russia might be going for a proper war for once. Will they come crying, or will we, as we often do, come and stop it before it even hurts?
Bring on WW111.

Stop the suffering once and for all.
Then we can all hold hands in heaven and sing ring around a rosie for fucking eternity.!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 26, 2014 at 12:41 am)ignoramus Wrote: Bring on WW111.

Stop the suffering once and for all.
Then we can all hold hands in heaven and sing ring around a rosie for fucking eternity.!

Heaven? Come now, book a better gig! Blase relaxation gets so incredibly boring as eternity ticks on...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russia is Europe. Kyiv and Moscow should be in the European Union Interaktive 53 4685 December 14, 2022 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Trucker Protest - End all COVID Mandates Now HappySkeptic 44 1916 February 23, 2022 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 7002 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Serious] Kuala Lumpur Islamic summit: did the night of the vassals began to end? WinterHold 16 1111 January 2, 2020 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  The End Of the Pathologization Of Intersex Amarok 1 464 July 7, 2019 at 4:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump Claims He Can Use Executive Order to End Birthright Citizenship Seraphina 43 3121 November 2, 2018 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How will the Trump Presidency end? (Poll) TheBeardedDude 55 14682 October 18, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Alan V
  The Republicunts Go Off The Deep End Minimalist 5 1348 March 24, 2018 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump May End DACA Program Seraphina 30 9079 September 8, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The End Is Nigh - Trump DarkerEnergy 12 3564 June 13, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37