Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to be a gay Christian?
Is it possible to be a gay Christian?
Does it make any sense at all? Why would an homosexual subscribe to a religion that considers his sexual behaviour as immoral and sinful, taking into account sexual orientation is a central part of most people's lives?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: Is it possible to be a gay Christian?
Why would gays be immune from cafeteria Christianity any more than all the rest of them ??

Strictly speaking, Jesus never said boo about the homos. He did note, for instance, remarriage following divorce was ADULTERY and that doesn't seem to put off 99.9% of the other Christians from doing it or allowing the practice in their denomination.
Why would religious affiliation have any relationship with "sense"? Further, why would sexuality? As far as I'm aware, you can't convince yourself through reason that cock is delicious or that vag is juicy and satisfying. I'm entirely certain that there are people who suppress their sexuality due to religious affiliation - but I bet that their mouths secretly water when they see jesus half nude on a cross, or when they imagine undressing mary in all her virginal glory. Imagine being a gay muslim man, 2 inches away from all that asshole 5 times a day. Makes me sweat just thinking about it. More than one "accidental" whiff has been taken at prayer time, I'm sure.

"Oh golly gee achmed, sorry about that, I lost my balance and my face fell directly between your cheeks" Jerkoff
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Sure there can be a gay christian. There can be women christians too, despite the bible being rather unkind to women. I would imagine at least some gay christians feeling that as long as you don't have gay sex, you can still get into heaven.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(July 26, 2014 at 11:38 am)Rhythm Wrote: Why would religious affiliation have any relationship with "sense"? Further, why would sexuality? As far as I'm aware, you can't convince yourself through reason that cock is delicious or that vag is juicy and satisfying. I'm entirely certain that there are people who suppress their sexuality due to religious affiliation - but I bet that their mouths secretly water when they see jesus half nude on a cross, or when they imagine undressing mary in all her virginal glory. Imagine being a gay muslim man, 2 inches away from all that asshole 5 times a day. Makes me sweat just thinking about it.
That's my point, sexuality doesn't determine religious beliefs, but why embrace something that condemns a central part of your life?

It's the same as Christians being communists, there is not a prohibition, it just doesn't make sense after Marx saying religion is the opium of the people
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(July 26, 2014 at 10:42 am)Blackout Wrote: Does it make any sense at all? Why would an homosexual subscribe to a religion that considers his sexual behaviour as immoral and sinful, taking into account sexual orientation is a central part of most people's lives?
Here's one person who thinks it makes sense:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/kimberlyknight/

In a nutshell, she doesn't think that Biblical condemnation of homosexual behavior applies to such behavior if it's in a loving monogamous relationship.

Personally I think her interpretation is wrong, but I don't see that that excludes her from being a Christian. She could be saved and going to heaven. IMO she'll suffer some loss of reward.
So, like, a prize for being one of the runners-up sort of thing, eh? Doesn't get the gold, but gets her picture taken with the winner on the podium?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Let's pretend for a moment that you are in a relationship with somebody. Let's call this somebody "God". Because as so many Christians love to point out, "Christianity is a personal relationship with God! It's not about rules blah ad infinitum." Now, let's say that your friend, God has been your friend since childhood, and you've always considered yourself to be a pretty good friend. Yeah, sure, God's got some crazy rules you have to follow, but he's always soooo quick to forgive you. Then, you come out of the closet to God. And before you know it, God doesn't like you so much anymore, in fact, he wants to kill you. He even tells EVERYONE ELSE to kill you.

Now, do you really want to be friends with God at this point?

This thought experiment is directed at Christians, so it probably won't mean much to many of us here.
(July 26, 2014 at 11:38 am)Rhythm Wrote: Why would religious affiliation have any relationship with "sense"? Further, why would sexuality? As far as I'm aware, you can't convince yourself through reason that cock is delicious or that vag is juicy and satisfying. I'm entirely certain that there are people who suppress their sexuality due to religious affiliation - but I bet that their mouths secretly water when they see jesus half nude on a cross, or when they imagine undressing mary in all her virginal glory. Imagine being a gay muslim man, 2 inches away from all that asshole 5 times a day. Makes me sweat just thinking about it. More than one "accidental" whiff has been taken at prayer time, I'm sure.

"Oh golly gee achmed, sorry about that, I lost my balance and my face fell directly between your cheeks" Jerkoff

I love it when you talk dirty.

(July 26, 2014 at 11:47 am)alpha male Wrote:
(July 26, 2014 at 10:42 am)Blackout Wrote: Does it make any sense at all? Why would an homosexual subscribe to a religion that considers his sexual behaviour as immoral and sinful, taking into account sexual orientation is a central part of most people's lives?
Here's one person who thinks it makes sense:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/kimberlyknight/

In a nutshell, she doesn't think that Biblical condemnation of homosexual behavior applies to such behavior if it's in a loving monogamous relationship.

Personally I think her interpretation is wrong, but I don't see that that excludes her from being a Christian. She could be saved and going to heaven. IMO she'll suffer some loss of reward.

Christ never directly addressed the topic. And many things He did address are 100% totally ignored.

I find it hysterical when Christers trot out extremely tiny and specific bits of Leviticus and then start the finger wagging at people they don't like, all the while with shrimp in their tummies, mixed fabric clothing upon their bodies, a second or third spouse waiting for them at home, and glasses of poison still undrunk under their sinks.

Just because of all the hypocrites we atheists see in the churches would not automatically put off suitably inclined gays from thinking they would fit right in too.
Leviticus 20:13 "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

If you can dodge this verse then you should be hired as a lawyer because your Hermeneutical skills must be out of this world.
[Image: tumblr_n8f4c0zuQE1twxzjco1_1280.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87861 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Three in five British adults say miracles are possible zebo-the-fat 15 1964 September 30, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Is it possible to avoid masterbation or nocturnal emission if you aren't married ? The Wise Joker 63 9253 January 31, 2017 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Is it possible for someone to take away the judgement from God? verbral 31 4092 November 12, 2016 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Video Christian faimily disowns gay teen son on youtube Fake Messiah 10 3005 April 29, 2016 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Pope decries gay marriage and advances Christian persecution complex Aroura 28 3817 February 22, 2016 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Best of all possible worlds offense RobbyPants 86 7352 July 1, 2015 at 11:57 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Perfect, Best of Possible, or Better than Nothing: Which criterion? Hatshepsut 35 6529 May 19, 2015 at 6:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Gay christian kidnapped, exorcised Foxaèr 44 7526 December 13, 2014 at 10:28 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7346 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM