Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 12:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blaspheming the holy spirit
Blaspheming the holy spirit
There is on particular theist who I really hope answers this thread, but I won't mention him by name. Don't want this to be a call-out thread because I'm interested in the answer from any theist about this question.

Do you believe in any unforgivable sin? Especially the one described in the buy-bull of blaspheming the holy spirit.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
RE: Blaspheming the holy spirit
It is a 'handy' one from the atheist perspective. Once an individual utters an unforgivable blasphemy, they are ours.

Bwa, ha, ha, ha!!!!
It's odd that, of all the horrible things out there, the one unforgivable sin is talking negatively about Yahweh or Jesus.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(July 27, 2014 at 8:15 pm)Chad32 Wrote: It's odd that, of all the horrible things out there, the one unforgivable sin is talking negatively about Yahweh or Jesus.

Actually, the unforgivable sin is thinking that a miracle of God's is the work of demons or just, as Han Solo says, "a bunch of magic tricks and nonsense."
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
Fuck the holy spirit up the ass with a sandpaper dildo.
(July 27, 2014 at 8:25 pm)StealthySkeptic Wrote:
(July 27, 2014 at 8:15 pm)Chad32 Wrote: It's odd that, of all the horrible things out there, the one unforgivable sin is talking negatively about Yahweh or Jesus.

Actually, the unforgivable sin is thinking that a miracle of God's is the work of demons or just, as Han Solo says, "a bunch of magic tricks and nonsense."

Either way, I can't say I care much about what he might think, whether he's real or not.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Best one I've heard:

shitting on Christ's nail holes
(July 27, 2014 at 9:43 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Best one I've heard:

shitting on Christ's nail holes

"WHY?!?! Those just stopped hurting!"
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
None of you qualify.

!) having tasted of the Heavenly Gift (Jesus) and the power of the age to come (the manifested gifts of the Holy Spirit- that is -supernatural knowledge, healing, miracles).

2) considering the blood of Christ a common thing.

3) there remains no repentance and thus, no remedy

4) a pig going back to the mire

The above sequence is a paraphrase of what is written.
You've certainly tasted something, prof, but I don't think it was the Holy Spirit.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The problem with "Holy Places". onlinebiker 28 2339 March 8, 2020 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Gender of Holy Spirit TwoKnives99 31 4653 November 17, 2018 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 7572 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  First Holy Communion (reflections) vulcanlogician 39 5690 May 13, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Finding the holy grail ignoramus 3 1013 May 4, 2018 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How can you explain the miracle of the Holy Fire? Thracian 42 10823 April 23, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Astreja
Music Are the holy angels like the time-cops? theBorg 150 18578 October 11, 2016 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  The Holy Horseshit...No Matter Who Wrote It...Is The Problem Minimalist 7 4011 December 12, 2015 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Human Spirit AFTT47 14 3821 August 21, 2015 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: T.J.
  The Holy Trinity Does Make Sense. paulpablo 0 1307 November 20, 2014 at 7:10 am
Last Post: paulpablo