Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Another Christian (please ignore if you are not a believer.
Question 
Looking For Another Christian (please ignore if you are not a believer.
Disclaimer - this posting are for those of faith and I request you don't respond to this thread if you are here to mock or insult. Thanks.

Dear Brothers or Sisters In The Lord,
Just looking to see if there are any of you on the board who would like to join in with me in responding to replies to a new thread I am planning on posting this week, Argument #4 of 7. I already posted 3 and when I post I get a lot of responses and it is difficult to respond to them all. I was thinking if I had another like minded Christian to help me that would be welcomed. Please only respond if you are motivated and well versed in Scripture. Please feel free to private message me. Thanks ahead of time and look forward to some good debating with others on the board.
Blessings,
REV777

P.S. - please responded quickly so we can move forward on this
RE: Looking For Another Christian (please ignore if you are not a believer.
I'm confused here, Rev - who are you aiming to convince with your 'arguments'?

Those of us outside the bubble proving to be a tough crowd, huh?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
He's trying to bring in a relief pitcher, Stim. (That's American baseball slang for when the starting pitcher gets knocked out of the game.)
The cynic in me wants to say that he never even reached the game. Naughty cynic.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Whatever the purpose, it seems odd to me to post a plea for help from Christians on an atheist board.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
It'd be fun to watch two christians tag team someone.......Angel

Think about it, we'd get to see a schism form right before our eyes. Mana from heaven.

"Yeah! What he said"
"Yeah! What he said"
"Yeah! What he sa...wait...what? Heretic!"
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 27, 2014 at 9:16 pm)Rhythm Wrote: It'd be fun to watch two christians tag team someone.......Angel

I can think of a couple around here I'd like to get... er... You said christians.

Damn it! Why'd ya have to go and put a limit like that on there?!? Big Grin
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I will join in and fight for the Christian corner. I have your back, Rev.
(July 27, 2014 at 9:27 pm)Elskidor Wrote: I will join in and fight for the Christian corner. I have your back, Rev.

Next to your avatar it says you are an atheist. So I don't think you would qualify.
(July 27, 2014 at 9:32 pm)Revelation777 Wrote:
(July 27, 2014 at 9:27 pm)Elskidor Wrote: I will join in and fight for the Christian corner. I have your back, Rev.

Next to your avatar it says you are an atheist. So I don't think you would qualify.

I'm practicing the art of poeism for academic reasons.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 975 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Please help prayer to get maaried soon for my mom heath.! meboxem166 21 2683 April 1, 2023 at 5:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 1903 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11012 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Another christian complains Foxaèr 6 1084 December 10, 2020 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87858 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  The believer seems to know god better than he knows himself Foxaèr 43 7687 June 2, 2018 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Just looking for some fun reactions to today's Bible reading drfuzzy 13 2226 January 29, 2018 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Oh no, not another new topic! About a former atheist state mcolafson 7 2205 October 6, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ethics question for theists - serious - looking for opinions not argument. drfuzzy 36 4753 September 27, 2016 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy