Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Is All My Grandma's Money Going?
Where Is All My Grandma's Money Going?
Alright, so my grandma always watches these shows such as the 700 Club and others that are a "Christian"-based show and they always ask that people donate. Of course, my grandma being the good Christian lady she is, she frequently donates money to these crooks.

Where does this money really go? Has anyone ever been to the Vatican? I mean, that place is RIDICULOUS and it makes me think that's where all my grandma's money goes.

So what do these shows really do with this money? And what other ridiculous schemes by Christians have you been presented with in order for you to donate money? Shit's ridic.
RE: Where Is All My Grandma's Money Going?
Xtians rarely donate to the papist slime in the vatican. They have their own sources of revenue.

Still, you ask a good question.

http://jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/700_club-bbb.htm
Pat Robertson is a twat.

Only good thing I can say about him is he is tied with Westboro Baptist as being the best thing that ever happened to atheism.

Sorry to hear lezbehonest has a family member getting dry fucked by the money changers at the 700 Club.
Here's where it goes.

Wikipedia Wrote:[Pat] Robertson's extensive business interests have earned him a net worth estimated between $200 million and $1 billion.
(July 27, 2014 at 11:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Here's where it goes.

Wikipedia Wrote:[Pat] Robertson's extensive business interests have earned him a net worth estimated between $200 million and $1 billion.

That a pretty big window.. That is like saying I have somewhere between 0 and 800 million dollars. Heck most everyone then falls into that category.
(July 27, 2014 at 10:48 pm)lezbehonest Wrote: So what do these shows really do with this money?

Ever heard of the "Crystal Cathedral?" It's an $18 million monstrosity built by American architect Philip Johnson for televangelist Robert H. Schuller of "Hour of Power" fame. It's a raw testament to the arrogance and waste of today's christers who would rather have "shiny" than feed the poor. It was completed in 1981 and seats 2,736 people. The largest glass building in the world, it has one of the largest musical instruments in the world, the Hazel Wright Memorial organ. How many poor could have been fed with $17 of those $18 million in 1981 and still left plenty for a resplendent place of worship?

Also worth noting. It's now owned by the kathy-licks. "Crystal Cathedral Ministries filed for bankruptcy in October 2010 and in February 2012 sold the building and its adjacent campus to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange for use as the diocese's new cathedral."

The good news is, the crooks that stole all the money to build a glass showplace that would look more at home on the Vegas Strip than it does in SoCal are bankrupt. The bad news is that you can bet not a penny of their personal fortunes went into said bankruptcy.

Wiki Source

Shit like this is what you're grandma is paying for. Like this, or even worse. New rotors for the pastor's helicopter, new six-figure cars, new planes, new yachts... the list is endless and as long as these things remain "property of the church" (yeah, right) the government doesn't get a penny of the money in tax revenue.

(July 28, 2014 at 12:19 am)Drich Wrote: That is like saying I have somewhere between 0 and 800 million dollars. Heck most everyone then falls into that category.

No, it's not the same. Very few of us can start counting our net worth at $200 million.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(July 28, 2014 at 12:19 am)Drich Wrote: That a pretty big window.. That is like saying I have somewhere between 0 and 800 million dollars. Heck most everyone then falls into that category.
If you truly don't see why it's not like that at all, I don't know how to help you.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
It's her money so she can do whatever she wants to do with it. Evidently she doesn't want to leave it to any of her relatives are else she wouldn't give it away. Just tell her that she had better have her funeral paid for.
(July 28, 2014 at 12:47 am)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(July 28, 2014 at 12:19 am)Drich Wrote: That a pretty big window.. That is like saying I have somewhere between 0 and 800 million dollars. Heck most everyone then falls into that category.
If you truly don't see why it's not like that at all, I don't know how to help you.

If you can not see that a 800 million dollar margin for error is nothing more than a wild guess then perhaps it is best that you can not persuade me to reason as you do.
Tongue
(July 28, 2014 at 12:19 am)Drich Wrote:
(July 27, 2014 at 11:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Here's where it goes.

That a pretty big window..

No shit, Sherlock. You think that the fact that the 700 Club et all aren't audited like reputable charities might have something to do with that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is going to happen when Jesus returns? Fake Messiah 21 2275 March 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 1470 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  They're going to be chanting to the wrong God. brewer 32 2687 March 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you knew for certain that you were going to Hell zwanzig 32 2905 March 9, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 9082 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The ECLIPSE! It's going to be a sign from GAWD! drfuzzy 148 33058 January 5, 2018 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Money raising through child work Der/die AtheistIn 12 3323 December 11, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Nice Going, "God." Minimalist 65 17145 October 13, 2017 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Here's Why The US is Going Right Down The Shitter Minimalist 18 5039 August 2, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  A Love and Money question mcolafson 10 1944 September 26, 2016 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: mcolafson