Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bahai vs. Islam
Bahai vs. Islam
Muslims argue that the Bahai founders the Bab and Bahullah misunderstood the Quranic teaching and that theologically Muhammad was the Last Prophet of Allah.

This idea assumes that Bahaullah does not view Muhammad as the Last Prophet, because "obviously" the Baha'is believe in two "Prophets" after Muhammad.

My objection here is that to the contrary Baha'i texts of the Bab and Bahaullah don't actually teach this and this is a misunderstanding among many Baha'is at worse or intentionally modified by Baha'is at best, for Bahai evangelical purposes. More on this later, but was hoping for Mulslim feedback first.
RE: Bahai vs. Islam
My holy book says my holy book trumps yours.
Bingo. Baha'is don't have a holy book.
(July 28, 2014 at 12:31 pm)logicalreason Wrote: Bingo. Baha'is don't have a holy book.
This is only a fair statement in that Baha'i has more than one book.
(July 28, 2014 at 12:31 pm)logicalreason Wrote: Bingo. Baha'is don't have a holy book.

I don't know much about Islam, but I think that stating "Baha'is don't have a holy book" is not going to help your case.
So, it's a religion that's a response to a religion that's a response to a religion that's a response to a religion formed back in the Bronze Age.

As if the first one wasn't silly enough.
Re-title : Bat shit VS Horse shit .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
LOL.

But serious. It is a misunderstanding that the Bahaullah received a or more than one holy book from a deity.

A better question is how do I say this and what do I mean. But there probably are no Muslims here to engage...

A holy book is such a primitive idea. An angel or a god gives a book of all things to a prophet. Why not a USB thumb drive or an iPad?

Abraham apparently met this God. Moses saw him in a tree who gave him tablets. Jesus's mom met his angel and gave birth or a son through his miracle, and Jesus received a book called by Muslims an Evangel from him. Then Muhammad received a book Quran from his angel Gabriel.

But Bahaullah wrote this was all metaphorical, and he didn't get a book from any supernatural ghosts.

So how can there be a similar holy book for Baha'is?
Wait, is Bahai omnitheism?
No I don't think so.

I really think closest thing is atheism if not identical in physics.

I've done extensive research on this.

There is no evidence for supernatural claims. Every supernatural claim is explained or interpreted as symbolic elsewhere in the Bahai texts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7865 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5474 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33850 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet