Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did I miss anything?
Did I miss anything?
So I've been gone a while, and skimming through some of the past thread their seems to be a few good ones. Where their any subjects or threads that you would like to share or questions brought up that you would like an answer to.
RE: Did I miss anything?
I have finally admitted that almost everyone here is a sock puppet of mine.

Alice is in charge of the rest.

Don't know who let YOU in !!
(July 28, 2014 at 11:36 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I have finally admitted that almost everyone here is a sock puppet of mine.

Hey now, nobody is sticking a hand up my ass so I'm doubt I'm a sock puppet
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(July 28, 2014 at 11:27 pm)Drich Wrote: So I've been gone a while, and skimming through some of the past thread their seems to be a few good ones. Where their any subjects or threads that you would like to share or questions brought up that you would like an answer to.

Why does blood sacrifice make all my sins go away? Please provide a detailed description of the cause and effect and not brush off the question with a flippant "that's what Jesus wanted".

What greater force compelled Yahweh to require a blood sacrifice to forgive us all as opposed to him simply forgiving us? I can forgive others without killing my own son so why can't your god?

Why does love become evil when the body parts are similar?

Why does your god forbid an intercessor in Isiaiah 43:10-12 but then require us to have an intercessor in John 14:6?

Since children are the property of parents, who can be beaten and even put to death at the whim of the parents, why are conservative Christians against abortion rights?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
I am a meat popsicle.
     I've recently grown rudimentary legs and am now making the move from water to land.
(July 28, 2014 at 11:36 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I have finally admitted that almost everyone here is a sock puppet of mine.

Actually I am just another sock puppet of a hidden personality you have. I am your Tyler durden.

(You let me in.)
Thinking

(July 28, 2014 at 11:48 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: Why does blood sacrifice make all my sins go away? Please provide a detailed description of the cause and effect and not brush off the question with a flippant "that's what Jesus wanted".
blood more over Jesus' death on the cross was a physical manifestation of what it cost God on a spiritual level to forgive our sins.

So why does blood represent the cleansing of sin? So we would know what the cost of forgiveness is, how it would feel. So we can relate the to the level of suffering God went through.

Quote:What greater force compelled Yahweh to require a blood sacrifice to forgive us all as opposed to him simply forgiving us? I can forgive others without killing my own son so why can't your god?
what about every man woman and child who ever lived or ever will live? Could your forgive everyone if the sinned against you from the moment they could to the moment they died with no cost or outward showing of the cost to you, nor ask anything from those who were in your debt?

Quote:Why does love become evil when the body parts are similar?
all 'love is sinful outside the confines of a Sanctified marriage, not just similar body part love.
Quote:Why does your god forbid an intercessor in Isiaiah 43:10-12 but then require us to have an intercessor in John 14:6?
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...ersion=NIV

Maybe read verse 11 again. God says: "APART from Me their is no intercession."
Quote:Since children are the property of parents, who can be beaten and even put to death at the whim of the parents, why are conservative Christians against abortion rights?
You do understand their are two separate religions being represented by the bible right? Nt Christianity and OT Judaism. I believe you have confused the two.

That was fun and easy anything else?
(July 29, 2014 at 12:10 am)Drich Wrote: blood more over Jesus' death on the cross was a physical manifestation of what it cost God on a spiritual level to forgive our sins.

What cost was that, pray tell? Dodgy

Quote:what about every man woman and child who ever lived or ever will live? Could your forgive everyone if the sinned against you from the moment they could to the moment they died with no cost or outward showing of the cost to you, nor ask anything from those who were in your debt?

How exactly is sinning "against" god when it doesn't affect him in the slightest? Thinking

Besides, I didn't realize god was owed a sinless environment for which we're accruing debt. Your theology makes no sense!
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
No man... Same ol' crap. Cheers Cheers!
Quote:blood more over Jesus' death on the cross was a physical manifestation of what it cost God on a spiritual level to forgive our sins.

You're still as fucking dumb as a bag of cunt hair, drippy.

He's mine, silly boy. Look at that... 5K posts, and reasonable reputation... he's a unique character in my little story.

Oh Dirchy Sock (he likes it when I call him that), won't you play with me some more?

(July 28, 2014 at 11:38 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Hey now, nobody is sticking a hand up my ass so I'm doubt I'm a sock puppet

Then, what's with the hand coming out of your stomach? That looks painful.

(July 29, 2014 at 12:01 am)PaulMaul Wrote: I am a meat popsicle.

Probably the wrong thing to declare when Alice is passing over... Hungry
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is completely inadequate to explain anything whatsoever Whateverist 20 2926 March 14, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Um, should we do anything special today (Maundy Thursday) ?? vorlon13 27 5047 April 14, 2017 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Not enough to do anything about it, though. Minimalist 8 1479 May 31, 2016 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do Any Christians Actually Know Anything About the Sadducees and the Pharisees? Jenny A 30 6529 September 20, 2015 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7211 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Is there anything new under the sun to say about religion? Whateverist 10 2432 March 2, 2014 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Did God fire an Angel or Did an Angel just quit? The Reality Salesman01 50 20022 July 22, 2013 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Is hell anything like -- do unto others and love the sinner? Greatest I am 11 9963 May 26, 2012 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Godscreated